Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all
As you people know what happened on 8th February some candidates including me could not manage to lodge application due to some xyz reasons, now leave that and lets discuss what can we do now.
In my case I have 2 options open
• State Sponsorship
• IELTS again  (at lowest priority) i have L7, S7, W7 and R6 OA 7
My occupation “.net “is not on NSW’s list, so leave it, remaining are ACT, VICTORIA and Queensland.
I would appreciate if someone can shed light on the following factors of each state
• Application processing Fee
• Success Rate and what is the most important factor considered for decision making like Assets, Dependents, Qualification etc
• Funds Requirement
• Processing Time

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi all
As you people know what happened on 8th February some candidates including me could not manage to lodge application due to some xyz reasons, now leave that and lets discuss what can we do now.
• State Sponsorship
• IELTS again  (at lowest priority)
My occupation “.net “is not on NSW’s list, so leave it, remaining are ACT, VICTORIA and Queensland.
I would appreciate if someone can shed light on the following factors of each state
• Success Rate and what is the most important factor considered for decision making like Assets, Dependents, Qualification etc
• Funds Requirement
• Processing Time
Why don't you try for IELTS 7 with General Test ? I think it's more easier than Acedemic.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why don't you try for IELTS 7 with General Test ? I think it's more easier than Acedemic.
I have tried 2 times General but did not get 6 in reading this time i went for for Academic and got 6 in first attempt.I have option for re-appearing but it would be my final choice when no other option is left.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you been through the state websites? Sorry if I'm being obvious.....

ACT: Business and Industry Development - Skilled and Business Migration

VIC: State Sponsorship - Live in Victoria

QLD: State sponsorship

Regards,
Karen
Yes i have been through the sites and found ".net" is there, also found each state claim to have sufficient funds, filled online form of VIC, have downloaded form of ACT and Queens but did not get any info about Fee, processing time and success rate.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Yes i have been through the sites and found ".net" is there, also found each state claim to have sufficient funds, filled online form of VIC, have downloaded form of ACT and Queens but did not get any info about Fee, processing time and success rate.
Sorry I wasn't much help then. Vic website says that there isn't a fee - not sure about the others.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
only NSW and ACT charge, none others do. my suggestion, apply for each one. in ACT they have a field in the form, have you applied for other state, write no. we had applied for victoria but we did not want to mention yes there. i dont know if it is a wise thing to do but no state would want u to apply everywhere. specially ACT, they are very particular.

most of the states want funds (20k main applicant, 10k dependent). i think WA is 25 main applicant and 5k dependent. check their site.

when u tried ielts, and it did not work, wait, apply for the states first.. make sure you do not miss the one year validity of teh assessment

·
Registered
261 Posts
only NSW and ACT charge, none others do. my suggestion, apply for each one. in ACT they have a field in the form, have you applied for other state, write no. we had applied for victoria but we did not want to mention yes there. i dont know if it is a wise thing to do but no state would want u to apply everywhere. specially ACT, they are very particular.

most of the states want funds (20k main applicant, 10k dependent). i think WA is 25 main applicant and 5k dependent. check their site.

when u tried ielts, and it did not work, wait, apply for the states first.. make sure you do not miss the one year validity of teh assessment
WA also charge, 220$ since Sep'09.

Succes rate is very limited for IT's, as VIC has rejected many IT applicants, whereas WA and VIC are taking aprox. 5-6 months timeperiod.

Cheers!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi all
• State Sponsorship
• IELTS again  (at lowest priority) i have L7, S7, W7 and R6 OA 7
• Funds Requirement
• Processing Time
I would say ACT would be easiest, in terms of available sponsorships. ACT is often overlooked by many others, and not seen as a place to settle down.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
It really isn't that bad, it just has this 'sleepy boring' reputation, but it's actually a nice area to live/work and many people are quite happy there. In fact if one is intent on becoming an AU Citizen in the future the best AU Gov't jobs are there.

If one needs a big city, Sydney is drivable within a day and so is Melbourne (so weekend trips are quite possible).

I would say ACT would be easiest, in terms of available sponsorships. ACT is often overlooked by many others, and not seen as a place to settle down.

·
Registered
619 Posts
It really isn't that bad, it just has this 'sleepy boring' reputation, but it's actually a nice area to live/work and many people are quite happy there. In fact if one is intent on becoming an AU Citizen in the future the best AU Gov't jobs are there.

If one needs a big city, Sydney is drivable within a day and so is Melbourne (so weekend trips are quite possible).
I am heading there myself on SS. After researching, I find it to be quite a charming place. Yes it has a sleepy reputation, and by Sydney & Melbourne standards it probably is. But still has all the amenities you would expect of a large city.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I'll try a US analogy, won't be exact.

San Francisio / San Luis Obispo
Sydney / Canberra

I am heading there myself on SS. After researching, I find it to be quite a charming place. Yes it has a sleepy reputation, and by Sydney & Melbourne standards it probably is. But still has all the amenities you would expect of a large city.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
WA also charge, 220$ since Sep'09.

Succes rate is very limited for IT's, as VIC has rejected many IT applicants, whereas WA and VIC are taking aprox. 5-6 months timeperiod.

Cheers!
Yes victoria has been turning down applications but victoria is the only state who approves the application, by that i mean, you can send your CV and ACS assessment letter to them and they tell you if you should go ahead and apply, we did this and they asked us not to apply.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
as far as canberra is concerned, it has the cleanest reputation when it comes to per capita income, unemployment rate, crime etc etc.. there are many i know who have settled in canberra and feel they are at the best state in Au

·
Registered
228 Posts
Anj help me out!

Hi Anj,

Hope you will be fine? Well I couldn't apply before 8th Feb,10. :( . Previously ACS has placed me in MODL 2231-79( CISSP & Network Security). Now guide me, how i should put my application for processing. What could be possible ways.

Hope your guidance will help me out. looking forward for an early response, please.

Regards,

Arshad

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Arshad,

Do you meet the minimum point requirement? If you do, you can apply immediately since CSL is around for some more time. If you do not meet the minimum 120 points req., try to get 7 and above in IELTS or apply for state sponsorship.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi Anj,

Thanks for the quick reply, i am afraid that my points will drop to 115 due to MODL revocation.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
in that case either sit for ielts again or apply for ss.. and act on it fast.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts