Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I received this message from the embassy in Washington DC today about the SRRV visa.

Issuance of SRRV visa is now suspended.

Please be informed that entry of foreign nationals/tourists remains suspended. Only foreign spouses of Filipino nationals or parents of minor Filipino nationals (17 yrs and below) are exempted from the travel ban and will need to apply for a visa to travel to the Philippines at this time.

Visa Section
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Washington DC, USA

It seems no tourist are allowed into the Philippines at this time. they did not say when tourist will be allowed back into the country.

Art
As of the date of the email that is strictly true, the suspension is not lifted until the 5th May.

·
Registered
159 Posts
What I understand is the embassy like here in the states won't give an SRRV visa. So that means unless an expat had one at an earlier time then we are out of luck right now.

art

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
What I understand is the embassy like here in the states won't give an SRRV visa. So that means unless an expat had one at an earlier time then we are out of luck right now.

art
Neither the Embassy or Bureau of Immigration will give the SRRV! It is handled by PRA and currently is suspended.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
art, the SRRV is only issued in country (Philippines) by the PRA in conjunction with immi once they process the paperwork, lots and lots.
Many applying for this visa come in on a tourist visa, extend to 59 days as the PRA take and hold your passport with your paperwork for the duration of the process.

From what I have read even those that currently hold a valid Retirement Visa that are out of the Philippines have not been able to return over the last 12 months, perhaps a more learned member can clarify if I'm off track here.

Let's hope they reopen the tourism borders soon art as I'm sure there are plenty trying to get back.

Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
159 Posts
hey Steve,

thanks for the info. I hope they open the borders soon also for the expats. I have read that a lot have been stopped from returning. they got caught in a limbo when the Philippines stopped them returning after the pandemic started.

art

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
We all hope borders open soon art, that will come when people start thinking and act appropriately. Border closers were world wide and though I got back into PH. by the skin of my teeth sometimes I wonder if I wasn't better off staying/returning to Australia, work, more relaxed lockdowns especially in Queensland where I'm from but away from my better half, house there, cheap living and boredom. Happy enough here to date.
I think all of us here can count our lucky/planned stars that we are here today discussing the issues and not a casualty of this current pandemic.
Chin up art, you will be back soon enough and in the meantime think, plan then execute when the borders reopen.

Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
159 Posts
hey Steve,

You might have been better off in Queensland. I find it very disheartening that the officials in the Philippines do whatever they want to do about the pandemic. They do things there that won't fly in other countries, especially the USA. I can understand they try doing their best there, but it doesn't seem to work. I hope they can open the borders back up soon. I want to come back again. Most the states here have opened back up again. I know in Florida where I live at the governor has taken the mandate away for the mask. CDC is now saying if a person has both shots there are over 95% protected from getting the virus and passing it on to others.

Art

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
hey Steve,

You might have been better off in Queensland. I find it very disheartening that the officials in the Philippines do whatever they want to do about the pandemic. They do things there that won't fly in other countries, especially the USA. I can understand they try doing their best there, but it doesn't seem to work. I hope they can open the borders back up soon. I want to come back again. Most the states here have opened back up again. I know in Florida where I live at the governor has taken the mandate away for the mask. CDC is now saying if a person has both shots there are over 95% protected from getting the virus and passing it on to others.

Art
Maybe since you don't live here you have a hard time understanding the situation. Policies/rules here are not followed by most. So that is a major part of the problem in controlling the spread of COVID, I see the same lack of following the protocols to control the spread in my area as Steve does in his. Comparing here to USA or other advanced countries is like comparing apples and oranges.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
hey Steve,

Art
Firstly art, I concur with Chuck, apples and oranges, first world (apparently) V 3rd world developing nation. While I'm not happy with the cr#p that goes on here and while yes in reality I would be far safer living in QLD Australia,,,, if I could get back there, nope happy here with the better half sitting on the beach and no ****s bothering us. BTW look at the C-19 control there, your own country, somewhat sad and perhaps a leftover legacy? My out of pockets would be 4+ times more than living as a hermit in PH. doing what we want. Sad really as me back in Oz would mean more work to simply pay/justify for me living in Oz, two houses etc. Philippines = cheap. OMO but I see why you want to get out of Florida.

Look at the stupid it will go away figures sprouted by some, who is paying the price? The people. Now? Florida: 1,656 deaths per million. (population, Florida) Philippines @ 5 times the population of Florida = 162 per million. No wonder you want to get out of there compared to the likes of Australia with 35 deaths per million or Vietnam with 0.4.

Said it before "stupid is as stupid does" and while yes here in PH. there are plenty of stupid people the numbers have to speak for themselves and praising a previous government for their achievements and failings no matter the politics? The numbers are obvious and a reality, live with it as we do here.
Far better off here weathering the storm as opposed to lies coming out of some countries and conspiracy theories from plenty.

Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Steve,

I see so many different guidelines that is used in different countries. It is hard to say who is right or who is wrong. I think for the most part several countries are doing their best to achieve a goal that will work. We haven't had such an illness for 100 years. Plus we can't even compare the sickness back in 1917 to the one we have today. One thing I do believe in is the shot. If all would get the vaccine shot we can control the virus. I have both my shots.

I am coming back whenever the Philippines opens up the borders again for tourist visa.

art

41 - 51 of 51 Posts