Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still awaiting information about the travel caps plus still no tourists.
The 9a is a tourist Visa and the travel caps were included in the article.
  • They are subject to the maximum capacity of inbound passengers (1,500 per day) at the port and date of entry

Chuck

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
The 9a is a tourist Visa and the travel caps were included in the article.
  • They are subject to the maximum capacity of inbound passengers (1,500 per day) at the port and date of entry

Chuck
The 9a tourjst visa is only currently available to spouses and they must travel with there filipino partner. The pre-existing visas they are talking about are 13a SRRV etc. It covers the entry of foreign nationals not foreign tourists.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The 9a tourjst visa is only currently available to spouses and they must travel with there filipino partner. The pre-existing visas they are talking about are 13a SRRV etc. It covers the entry of foreign nationals not foreign tourists.
The following is the latest from Philippine BI and states nothing about Filipino spouse accompanying 9a Visa holder.

View attachment 99517 View attachment 99517

Chuck

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
The following is the latest from Philippine BI and states nothing about Filipino spouse accompanying 9a Visa holder.

View attachment 99517 View attachment 99517

Chuck
The requirements for the 9a visa.
  • Original and one photocopy, Marriage Certificate from the Philippine Statistics Authority, if married in the Philippines; or Report of Marriage (ROM), if married abroad and has no PSA copy yet. Request for a Marriage Certificate at psaserbilis.com.ph
  • Proof of spouse's Philippine citizenship (if Philippine citizen spouse is a dual citizen, his/her RA 9225 documents must be presented)
  • Proof that the foreign citizen spouse and the Filipino citizen spouse are travelling together (e.g. flight itinerary); or proof that the Filipino citizen spouse is in the Philippines

·
Registered
159 Posts
how does a foreign national get a valid visas before entry? I have always had my passport stamped at entry. It seems they are not taking into consideration for the ones that have both there shots before entry. What a mess.

Art

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
how does a foreign national get a valid visas before entry? I have always had my passport stamped at entry. It seems they are not taking into consideration for the ones that have both there shots before entry. What a mess.

Art
You need to get the visa in you passport from your local Philippines embassy before you travel. The UK embassy currently will only do it by mail.

·
Registered
159 Posts
hey Gard D

How do I get visas when I am in the USA? There is no local Philippines embassy here in Florida. I think the closes one is in Washington DC. You mean I would have to send my passport to them?

Art

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The requirements for the 9a visa.
  • Original and one photocopy, Marriage Certificate from the Philippine Statistics Authority, if married in the Philippines; or Report of Marriage (ROM), if married abroad and has no PSA copy yet. Request for a Marriage Certificate at psaserbilis.com.ph
  • Proof of spouse's Philippine citizenship (if Philippine citizen spouse is a dual citizen, his/her RA 9225 documents must be presented)
  • Proof that the foreign citizen spouse and the Filipino citizen spouse are travelling together (e.g. flight itinerary); or proof that the Filipino citizen spouse is in the Philippines
The Philippine Embassy in Wash DC does not have the requirements the UK Embassy has.

Chuck

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
While the latest info does not show a requirement to be traveling with a spouse/child Filipino citizen the 9a may not be approved if you don't have them currently in the Philippines. The Embassy will be the approval authority and will determine the requirements I would think. Will this change be beneficial to a tourist wanting to travel, probably not but it may benefit spouses/parents wanting to reunite with family in the Philippines.

Chuck

·
Registered
159 Posts
Tourist visa in advance of getting there, WOW! Before they always just stamped my passport for the 21 day stay when I got to the immigration office at the airport. then I would go to the immigration office later in Davao city and get it extended for a 59 day stay.. Now if I send my passport to Washington DC I have to prove income, employer onward ticket and etc. This is a nightmare to get to the Philippines. I guess they don't need the money to keep the economy going.

Art

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tourist visa in advance of getting there, WOW! Before they always just stamped my passport for the 21 day stay when I got to the immigration office at the airport. then I would go to the immigration office later in Davao city and get it extended for a 59 day stay.. Now if I send my passport to Washington DC I have to prove income, employer onward ticket and etc. This is a nightmare to get to the Philippines. I guess they don't need the money to keep the economy going.

Art
Proof of employment does not apply to 9a if you read further down in requirements.

Chuck

·
Registered
159 Posts
HEY BIDROD ---- READ #5 BELOW

9(A) Temporary Visitor’s Visa

REQUIREMENTS:

1. Actual passport of applicant (valid at least 6 months from return date) and one (1) photocopy of the data page
  2. Duly-accomplished Non-Immigrant Visa application form, typed or printed legibly in black or blue ink, and notarized if sent by mail
  3. Travel Itinerary (applicant must be a holder of a roundtrip/onward flight ticket out of the Philippines)
  4. One (1) colored photo, 2” x 2”, taken within six months before the date of application, showing a clear front view of applicant’s face, with a white background. No sleeveless attire. Blurred or low quality photos are not accepted.
  5. Proof of Financial Capacity (photocopy of latest bank statement and an employment certificate from the employer indicating position and salary, or affidavit of support), for Tourist Visa (for pleasure only).
  6. Letter from employer or sponsor of the trip, indicating its specific purpose or nature and length of stay (inclusive dates) in the Philippines, for Tourist Visa (for business only).
  7. For minor visa applicants (below 18) traveling on their own, affidavit of support and guarantee from either parent, as well as photocopy of parent's bank statement.
  8. Self-addressed return envelope, with appropriate stamps for express or priority mail with tracking numbers via US Postal Service, or with pre-paid mailing envelope from private courier of choice (except FedEx), if Passport with Visa is to be mailed back.
  9. Visa fee, according to fee schedule below (non-refundable), payable in cash or money order made payable to "Embassy of the Philippines" (or "Philippine Consulate General", if application is made at one of the Philippine Consulates General in the U.S.). Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted. An additonal service fee of $10 per document will be charged for requests for expedited release.

Art

·
Registered
159 Posts
Also, they are charging to get this visas stamped into the passport from Washington DC. I never paid before when coming to the Philippines. they just stamped my passport for a 21 day stay. When I went to the Davao office to get it extended then I had to pay.

Art

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
for Tourist Visa (for business only).
Also, they are charging to get this visas stamped into the passport from Washington DC. I never paid before when coming to the Philippines. they just stamped my passport for a 21 day stay. When I went to the Davao office to get it extended then I had to pay.

Art
You need to show financial capacity....if employed show that if retired show the income from that. You are applying for a Visa in advance versus the Visa on arrival you previously got so it is a different procedure plus the Visa in advance is for 59 days not 30 days which the Visa on arrival was. Don't know when you last came to the country but the time frame has been 30 days not 21 days since about 2010. My feeling is unless you have family in the Philippines at this time a 9a is not going ro be approved just to visit as a tourist at this time.

Chuck

·
Registered
19 Posts
Its something that " looks like" a big announcement but its nothing more than the situation was in April 1-14 before we had MECQW NCR BUbble Pro Plus for 14 days. Now they have reverted to the same conditions as early April. 1500 pax arriving isnt a great deal and you do know that is you number 1500 and a Filipino is 1501.... your places will be switched. Priorities for their own nationals apply.
Re SRRV... its not anything that wasnt in place previuosly... no exit no re entry then no travelling. And exit re entry approvals are as rare at moment as hens teeth. sayang....

·
Registered
159 Posts
hey Chuck

Oh I didn't know the advance visas approval was for 59 days. That is the reason for the charge. That makes sense now. I left in 2012 . I lived in Tagum City just outside of Davao city. I am going to check my passport. I thought it was for 21 days. Then I went to Davao City to get it extended for the 59 days more. that put me almost 3 months of approval.

i checked my passport and I arrived June 28, 2011 and and had to depart Jul 19, 2011. that is 21 days without my 59 day extension. I stayed there until 2012 and then left. I had to do a couple extensions.

They must have changed the days after I left from 21 to 30 days for visas.

Art

1 - 20 of 51 Posts