Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have applied visa on 10 OCT. and hopefully CO will be allocated before 10th Dec. the problem is that before that I may leave to Germany on business's visit for one month. I am planned to leave before 25th nov. now I do not know that whether I have to inform DIAC about this. If yes then how?

Please let me know what should I do?

Shiv

·
Registered
556 Posts
Why do you think it is necessary to inform CO for your trips?
You can have your medical examination right away

Hi all,

I have applied visa on 10 OCT. and hopefully CO will be allocated before 10th Dec. the problem is that before that I may leave to Germany on business's visit for one month. I am planned to leave before 25th nov. now I do not know that whether I have to inform DIAC about this. If yes then how?

Please let me know what should I do?

Shiv

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why do you think it is necessary to inform CO for your trips?
You can have your medical examination right away
Hi,

It's not about medical. If DIAC representative comes to office, then I will not be there in office as I will be out of India at that time. So may be CO can ask why I did not inform them in advance?

So I need clarification regarding that.

Thanks
Shiv

·
Registered
556 Posts
if they would want to conduct employment verification to your office they will not look for you but for your manager or HR

Hi,

It's not about medical. If DIAC representative comes to office, then I will not be there in office as I will be out of India at that time. So may be CO can ask why I did not inform them in advance?

So I need clarification regarding that.

Thanks
Shiv

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Why will the CO visit your office? what trade are you in? and otherwise, even if they contact your office, whoever answers can inform them that you are not in the country..

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi shivkaundal,

if you are away for more than 14 days you should inform DIBP by filling out, scanning and uploading form 929. To quote from the instructions in the form:

If you intend to change your residential address for more than 14 days while your application is being processed, you must tell the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (the department) your new address prior to moving, and how long you will be there.
So, if you want to be super-correct, upload the form ;). However, this is more relevant to applicants with paper-based applications, where it may have severe consequences if a letter from DIBP waits for you at home and you must reply by a set date. Since your application is processed electronically it should be far less problematic as long as you check your emails from time to time.

Cheers,
Monika

1 - 8 of 8 Posts