Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
olala2227 said:
Thank you for your info richellepeh, it is the same..moslem and islam :) will check for marry in thailand or other country perhaps..and thank u for JPN contact number as well! u've been so kind, really appraciate it :)
You must be careful. In Malaysia it is unlawful for you to be married to a non Muslim. You cannot simply go to another country and get married, then return to Malaysia. You and your boyfriend will lay yourself wide open to being charged and punished. The ONLY options you have are for your boyfriend to convert to Islam or for you to leave Malaysia forever.

HI

Hi Ola,

just wondering if you already got married in Malaysia?If so, could you give me some helpful info about getting all the papers done before the wedding day.. That is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

Hello,

Looks like this thread hasn't been used in a while but hopefully someone can help me out.

So, my Irish fiance and I are going to be in Malaysia from the July 21st to the 28th and we are trying to get married in that time. We found there is a way to get married sooner than the 7 day period that is required for normal weddings.

Does anyone know this process?

Furthermore, we're going to be in KUL on Sunday Monday Tuesday Saturday and in the Perhentian islands on Wednesday Thursday Friday.

Does anyone think it will even be possible to married in that time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Japanese wife and I recently got married in Malaysia.

It is fairly easy however there is some mucking about you have to do.

1. You will need a "letter of no impediment" for each of you from your embassy.

2. You need a certified copy (by embassy) of birth certificates

3. Copy of passport

4. A certified copy (by embassy) of divorce papers if that is relevant

5. Passport sized photos on blue background.

6. Each of the papers will need to be certified by the Malaysian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Putrajaya.

7. Your marriage celebrant can then fill out the Malay forms and arrange the legal wedding at the government offices in front of the licensed government celebrant and also the traditional wedding party elsewhere in front of friends.

Job is done. We were married in Penang. If you need a celebrant please contact me with a PM and I will give you the number of ours. Cost was 1400 RM.
Hello can you please the celebrant's contact too ? thank you so mcuh.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.