Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm about to buy a car and have narrowed my search to a Ford Fiesta or a Renault Clio. The obvious choice would be the Renault as it's a French brand and has plenty of service centres but I prefer the Ford to drive. Does anyone have experience of owning a Ford on the French Riviera? We will soon be moving to Tanneron in the Var, so I need a small, reliable car that can handle the steep and narrow roads. The Ford Fiesta seems perfect for this but I don't want to buy a car that could potentially be costly and difficult to maintain in France.

Any advice or first hand experience with either car or brand would be gratefully received.

·
Administrator
49,984 Posts
My usual point of reference is whether or not you would have a good Ford dealer/garagiste in the area. Fords are pretty common most places in France and if you prefer the Fiesta, I'd say go with that. But it does make a huge difference having a trusted dealer for repairs and maintenance.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Hi

I'm about to buy a car and have narrowed my search to a Ford Fiesta or a Renault Clio. The obvious choice would be the Renault as it's a French brand and has plenty of service centres but I prefer the Ford to drive. Does anyone have experience of owning a Ford on the French Riviera? We will soon be moving to Tanneron in the Var, so I need a small, reliable car that can handle the steep and narrow roads. The Ford Fiesta seems perfect for this but I don't want to buy a car that could potentially be costly and difficult to maintain in France.

Any advice or first hand experience with either car or brand would be gratefully received.
I have no experience of the Ford but I drove a Clio as a rental car for a week - probably the most uncomfortable car I have ever driven - noisy, harsh ride and couldn't get out of it's own way. Just my opinion ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
If you can get a Fiesta with the Quickclear windscreen it will save you a lot of time on those frosty mornings trying to scrape the windscreen.
Great recommendation - I had one of those back in the UK, wonderful idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.