Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
50,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For years (or so it seems) we've had a "sticky" message posted on the forum pointing to a publication from the European Union folks about the French Social Security system. Obviously, over time these things change and kind of wear out.

In reviewing our stickies to see which ones needed to be updated, I found an excellent website - done by CLEISS (a French government agency) that explains the system IN ENGLISH, no less. It also includes information about PUMA (which comes up all the time here).

I'm posting this as a regular old message just to let you know that there is a new "sticky" - called The French Social Security system - explained in English - that you may want to take a look at. Because it links to a website rather than to a publication, it should stay more current than any published article can.

Anyhow, I now return you to your regularly schedule whatever it is we do here.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
39 Posts
For years (or so it seems) we've had a "sticky" message posted on the forum pointing to a publication from the European Union folks about the French Social Security system. Obviously, over time these things change and kind of wear out.

In reviewing our stickies to see which ones needed to be updated, I found an excellent website - done by CLEISS (a French government agency) that explains the system IN ENGLISH, no less. It also includes information about PUMA (which comes up all the time here).

I'm posting this as a regular old message just to let you know that there is a new "sticky" - called The French Social Security system - explained in English - that you may want to take a look at. Because it links to a website rather than to a publication, it should stay more current than any published article can.

Anyhow, I now return you to your regularly schedule whatever it is we do here.
Cheers,

Bev
As usual Bev, we can depend on you. Thanks for the updates, I'll be reading and using the information.
I noticed stickies info was a few years old and much in need for an overhaul.
Heck, I need an overhaul!

Thanks again,
Mark

·
Administrator
50,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do hope they manage to keep this English information up to date, given impending changes.
Me, too. But what impressed me was that it isn't written in the somewhat fractured "how I learned it in lycée" kind of English that I had almost gotten used to on government websites. It actually seems to have been written (or at least revised) by a native speaker.

Ah, the times, they are a changin' - and maybe even for the better.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Me, too. But what impressed me was that it isn't written in the somewhat fractured "how I learned it in lycée" kind of English that I had almost gotten used to on government websites. It actually seems to have been written (or at least revised) by a native speaker.

Ah, the times, they are a changin' - and maybe even for the better.
Cheers,
Bev
That is actually what concerns me, because I would say it has been written essentially from scratch by a native speaker, which would then require dedicated resource(s) for updating.

·
Administrator
50,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is actually what concerns me, because I would say it has been written essentially from scratch by a native speaker, which would then require dedicated resource(s) for updating.
I was thinking that maybe CLEISS actually hired a native speaker (naturalized or whatever) to work in their PR department. The schools are hiring native speakers as teachers of English these days. Who knows what's next?
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 7 of 7 Posts