Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question..

I live with my parents and I dont pay electricity bills or anything. My parents have agreed tenancy arrangement that myself and my partner can live with them rent free for as long as i want.

If i dont have any utility bills under my name or anything, what can i provide in documentation for accomodation? also is neccessary to put photos of your accomodation/room?

for any other questions anyone may have along this journey of spouse application feel free to add in this post.

thanks,

·
Registered
579 Posts
If your parents are home owners, all you need is a letter from them saying they allow you and your spouse to live with them. I also included a council tax statement which is on my parents name and a mortgage statement. That's all.

You can also include documents listed on this link.. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...ment_data/file/270197/sup-docs-settlement.pdf

You can include what you feel is right for you.

No need for photos, though some people do include them, I didn't. I did get a property inspection report made and included that. You should as well. It basically outlines that the property isn't overcrowded (if it is, then you got problems as the visa will be refused). The report also includes number of rooms, room sizes and number of occupants living at the property.

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
Do you parents rent or own? If they own you need the deed or land registry, a letter from them giving your spouse permission to live there and a council tax or other bill with their name on it.

If they rent you need the tenancy agreement, a letter from the landlord giving your spouse permission to live their and a council tax or other bill with your parents' name on it.

In both cases it's recommended that you have a property inspection to prove there is no overcrowding. Photos are unnecessary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.