Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a website which offers training and placement assistance. I don't know how legit they are. But I thought I must share this information with you all.

Fee:

They claim 10% of the salary on placement. They also offer to accept the pay in 3 months installments.

Does anyone know about this? Check the link below for more details

Job Seekers - Practical Placement Program | Study and Work

·
Registered
66 Posts
I came across a website which offers training and placement assistance. I don't know how legit they are. But I thought I must share this information with you all. Fee: They claim 10% of the salary on placement. They also offer to accept the pay in 3 months installments. Does anyone know about this? Check the link below for more details Job Seekers - Practical Placement Program | Study and Work
Whatever it is pay them ONLY AFTER you get what they claim to promise you. Or else you may be ripped off. Could be a Desi consulting firm run by fraud people (usually Indians) or something. But if legit, then it's a good thing but I doubt. Please be very careful.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Redington.

The purpose is to make people be aware of this. If we can have some members who have experience with this firm to discuss, it would be good to know things from them.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
scamadvisor.com suggests this could be a fishy deal. WP forum has posts screaming about this being a scam.

Does not really look like you pay afterwards. From the link shared earlier:

Upon successful interview, Confirmation of Placement Letter is sent to the Participant along with the invoice for Program Fee
And also:
In absence of Ongoing Paid Job Offer, a Reference Letter for Participant is requested to Host Company
So, it looks like the work you do initially is "unpaid" just to gain some "local experience". And should you not get a proper paid employment after this so called program/ internship, the host company would be requested to give you a reference letter in the end.

And yes, the .com.au domain seems to be registered by an Indian.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts