Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola todos,

Hubs and I have some non-perishables we are desperately wanting to donate but I have no clue where to start. The only time I've seen even a donation bin was around Christmas in Carrefour a few years ago in Fuengirola.

Any advice in the right direction would be much appreciated :)

Muchas gracias por adelantado!

- Cay

·
Registered
8,424 Posts
Hola todos,

Hubs and I have some non-perishables we are desperately wanting to donate but I have no clue where to start. The only time I've seen even a donation bin was around Christmas in Carrefour a few years ago in Fuengirola.

Any advice in the right direction would be much appreciated :)

Muchas gracias por adelantado!

- Cay
My town has a permanent food bank based in a former shop, I would guess most larger towns have something similar. You could try contacting this organisation to find the one nearest to you:-

Cómo ayudamos | Bancosol

I have to admit, at one time I regularly went out and bought bagfulls of non-perishable groceries and took them in as donations. Having seen people in the queue for distribution of the goods who we knew to be drug dealers and probably pulling in more money than we had to live on at the time, I gave it up.

·
Administrator
37,080 Posts
My town has a permanent food bank based in a former shop, I would guess most larger towns have something similar. You could try contacting this organisation to find the one nearest to you:-

Cómo ayudamos | Bancosol

I have to admit, at one time I regularly went out and bought bagfulls of non-perishable groceries and took them in as donations. Having seen people in the queue for distribution of the goods who we knew to be drug dealers and probably pulling in more money than we had to live on at the time, I gave it up.
Mine does too. One run by the red cross / cruz roja, and the other by Cáritas, which is allied to the catholic church

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.