Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Just discovered we're down to the last jar of Marmite!!
Anyone of you good people know where I might obtain a jar
of this most British comestible?Within a reasonable distance of Leiria
-Coimbra region.......(A good bit of Cheddar wouldn't go amiss either!).:D

Many Thanks

Silverwizard.

·
Registered
257 Posts
We are South but Continente here has marmite - the only thing is it is hidden amongst the cake mixes and cooking ingredients - not where you would expect. Hope you find some!

B

·
Registered
257 Posts
Continente also has cheddar down here - a few choices of the usual prepacked Cathedral City and Seriously Strong (the latter, although mass produced actually won an award a couple of years back!) It's very expensive though!

B

·
Registered
999 Posts
Or you could hop onto the A8 from Leiria to our store in Tornada. It will take you about 30 minutes from Leiria. Marmite and Cheddar, Branston, brown sauce, teabags, all available at very reasonable prices. Unionjacs British Foods

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think I have posted a reply on your "Rain" thread. This is a new site to me, although I am an old hand in the Algarve. Marmite is now everywhere in the Algarve. Apolonia in Almancil and all the Thomas Greens.

Check out my log burning inset fire suggestion .... for your damp blues. Mrs. Sooty

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Hi All,
Just discovered we're down to the last jar of Marmite!!
Anyone of you good people know where I might obtain a jar
of this most British comestible?Within a reasonable distance of Leiria
-Coimbra region.......(A good bit of Cheddar wouldn't go amiss either!).:D
Many Thanks

Silverwizard.
Not far away, I have just bought the last large pack of mature cheddar until the next delivery!!!! But there are several different ones in the fridge....

The English shop in TORNADA, just north of Caldas da rainha.... AND cheddar cheese.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not far away, I have just bought the last large pack of mature cheddar until the next delivery!!!! But there are several different ones in the fridge....

The English shop in TORNADA, just north of Caldas da rainha.... AND cheddar cheese.
over the years i've tried all kinds of cheddar cheese here in portugal,but they all have a blaa taste to them,is the one you have like the canadian one? almost burns in your mouth

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
over the years i've tried all kinds of cheddar cheese here in portugal,but they all have a blaa taste to them,is the one you have like the canadian one? almost burns in your mouth

PROPER BRITISH MATURE CHEDDAR :clap2:imported from UK by our friend Silvers... there is also mild cheddar, leicester, stilton and lots moe. proper bacon, English sausages, even Aunt Bessie´s Yorkshire pudding :clap2::clap2::clap2:
Ginger beer, Iron Brew.....pop in and have a look next time oyu are near Caldas.
The is even a guy who drives from Santarem to shop:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts