Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Has anyone heard off a construction company called Flynn in Canada, Husband has a interview with them in 2 weeks time, in the roofing part. Any general info would be great.
Or if anyone has gone over with them from Ireland/UK to work in Canada. They are taking workers from Ireland & uk to Canada to work & seems to be giving them alot of perks like paying there flight, digs etc and then offereing a live to work after the 3 months off being there?

Thanks

Regina

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Regina,
Sorry I dont know anything about them, but i was wondering do you or your hubby know of any other companies hiring irish construction workers, my husband is a site foreman/manager. He is really interested in getting work in Canada and any help or tips would be much appreciated.

Hi

Has anyone heard off a construction company called Flynn in Canada, Husband has a interview with them in 2 weeks time, in the roofing part. Any general info would be great.
Or if anyone has gone over with them from Ireland/UK to work in Canada. They are taking workers from Ireland & uk to Canada to work & seems to be giving them alot of perks like paying there flight, digs etc and then offereing a live to work after the 3 months off being there?

Thanks

Regina

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Regina,
Sorry I dont know anything about them, but i was wondering do you or your hubby know of any other companies hiring irish construction workers, my husband is a site foreman/manager. He is really interested in getting work in Canada and any help or tips would be much appreciated.

Hi

I only know that my Husband got the Advert from a mate who had The Star Newspaper and the add was in that. They are holding interviews in Dublin 2 weeks time in the Hilton Hotel, he said that they dont just look for roofers, but all kinds in the contstruction industry.
My Husband just sent a email to Flynn and they replied to him. So it might be worth a try to send his CV off to them, their Website is Flynn
If I hear off anything else, when he goes for the interview, I will let you know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Thanks

Regina
Hey there, I am currently working on a development that Flynn has the roofing contract for and I can tell you that are a legit union company with divison all over Ontario and the rest of Canada. They also have a sheet metal wing too. Far as I can see they pay well, benefits etc, your husband might want to brush up his portugese...lol as most crews are portugese immigrants in Ontario at least

hope that helped

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey there, I am currently working on a development that Flynn has the roofing contract for and I can tell you that are a legit union company with divison all over Ontario and the rest of Canada. They also have a sheet metal wing too. Far as I can see they pay well, benefits etc, your husband might want to brush up his portugese...lol as most crews are portugese immigrants in Ontario at least

hope that helped
Thanks for that, its great to hear good reports , he was giving 2 areas of where too work Alberta & Saskatchewan, his interview is on the 8th, so fingers crossed !

·
Registered
241 Posts
My husband had an interview with them yesterday 2!! has ur hubby had his yet??? his was for the glazing side. It would be based in edmonton in alberta!

Jennifer x

Hi

Thanks

Regina

·
Registered
17 Posts
Could I ask, did they fly your husband/s out for interviews ?

Could imagine mine getting himself completely ruddy lost if he had to fly out ... think 'home alone 2' !!! So best I apply for our baby son's passport so that we could all fly out and make a holiday of it at the same time if he has to go for interview.

·
Registered
241 Posts
hi no they came ver to uk for interviews he had to go down to birmingham though. They were doing interviews in london birmingham and dublin

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My husband had an interview with them yesterday 2!! has ur hubby had his yet??? his was for the glazing side. It would be based in edmonton in alberta!

Jennifer x
Hi there,

No his interview is tomorrow at 1pm, but the email that was sent to him said it was today, so we travelled 2 hours up to Dublin to the Hotel they are holding the interviews in to find out that they are not there till tomorrow, so back home we went and off we will go again tomorrow! :) so will see what happens. How long does your husband has to wait to find out if he gets the job?
Did he find the interview good? My husband is meeting a lady called Beverly Taylor.
We have done alot of research in edmonton at it looks really good!

·
Registered
10 Posts
lol they better exist since my hubby met them yesterday lol. Are they a solid reputable company?? do they have a good name in canada??
lol - They are big in construction but I don't know their financials -with that said they buy tons of Telco stuff from us which typically means they are in = Growth mode!!! Not to mention Toronto is BOOOMING with almost 20 some odd tall building in the heart of Downtown..

Good Luck

·
Registered
241 Posts
u mean toronto??? sorry no familiar with short hand canadian style! lol i have a friend who moved to toronto last year her and her 2 kids love it dont want to come back!

I know. I was just saying cause TO is a very big city and tons happening here - but Edmonton is also nice. All the best to you guys. You wont regret the move.

ED

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Job interview with flynn

Jennifer x
Hi Jennifer

My husband went for interview yesterday, went great for him he was told that we would be in Calgary Alberta, They where very positive & told him that he just had to wait for the letter of acceptance, So fingers crossed !

·
Registered
241 Posts
My hubby was the same just waiting for our letter 2 how u feel about him going himself for the 1st 3 months im not to keen on doing that!

Hi Jennifer

My husband went for interview yesterday, went great for him he was told that we would be in Calgary Alberta, They where very positive & told him that he just had to wait for the letter of acceptance, So fingers crossed !

1 - 20 of 385 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.