Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my hubbie has been offered a job in Sydney and the company are flying us out (from UK) on Friday the 15th Jan, for a week, to have a look around and make a decision about moving...... VERY excited!

Just wondering if there is anyone in Sydney, esp the MacArthur region, who would consider meeting us for coffee when we are out? Would esp love it if it was someone from the Uk living in Australia who could give us the low down on emigrating.

We have 2 little boys (4 and 2). So information on emigrating with a young family, schools, kindergarten etc would be amazing.

My hubbie has been offered AU$155k as a salary and we would love if anyone could tell us what kind of standard of living we could expect.... quite difficult trying to work this out, converting dollar to pound etc.

Thanks guys. We are extremely excited and any help in getting our heads round this and helping us on our way to a decision would be much appreciated.

Br

Mary

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi aaron-mary

first and foremost, welcome to the forum and congratulations on securing a job.
I cant help you with information on sydney but if u search the forum, u will get a lot of it. Amaslam (another mod in here) is in sydney and i am sure he will reply with some good words about sydney.

from what I have read and been told, 155K is an excellent pay for a comfortable living

wish u luck with the move

cheers
anj

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi Mary,

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry I can't help with any Sydney details as I live in Victoria but here's the NSW department of education website which details everything you'll need to know about pre-schools to uni.

Going to a Public School

If you are going to be looking for childcare for your 2 year old, try here The Australian Child Care Index - Childcare Centres, Kindergartens, Early Learning Centres, Long Daycare, Nannies, Babysitters and more! NSW Family Day Care ABC Learning Centres - Home

The salary your OH will be on is very good indeed, but bear in mind Sydney is the most expensive city in the whole country so your money won't go as far as other States.

Hope you have a good reccie trip and let us know how you get on and what you think of Sydney.

Have fun!
Dolly

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi
I have been living in Sydney for the last 2 years with my husband and 3 year old son after being relocated with my husbands job from the uk. We live in Manly which is quite along way from where you are looking to move to but are really happy to meet up with you for a chat and a coffee. Believe me, i would have appreciated it when i first moved here!!!! We have a lovely life in Oz and are very happy and settled. Let me know if you fancy getting together and we can arrange it,
Cheers
Ali

·
Registered
82 Posts
Best of luck on your impending move,
We are in Sydney now 4 months and love it,
We know it inside and out,
We have a 3yr old boy and would we glad to assist.
I work in Financial Services in the city and my Wife is due another baby soon so would be glad to help in any way.

Let me know,we live 1km from the CBD(city centre)
Happy to give you our details

1 - 5 of 5 Posts