Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting so much conflicting information from the airlines so I thought I would ask if anyone has done it.

Do I have to hire a broker? Do you have to arrive before 3:00 to get them through customs? Is it better to fly into Mexico City and make the day long drive just to get them through customs easier?

I have to be out of my home here on the 14 of July which is a Friday but the only flight United makes into Guadalajara on a big enough plane to bring both of them where they get in before 3:00 is on a Tuesday. There is a flight that gets at 8:00 but no one can give me a direct answer on customs being closed. The United guy told me just now to call the Latin dog people but then couldn't tell me who Latin dog people were.

Grrrrrrr!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am getting so much conflicting information from the airlines so I thought I would ask if anyone has done it.

Do I have to hire a broker? Do you have to arrive before 3:00 to get them through customs? Is it better to fly into Mexico City and make the day long drive just to get them through customs easier?

I have to be out of my home here on the 14 of July which is a Friday but the only flight United makes into Guadalajara on a big enough plane to bring both of them where they get in before 3:00 is on a Tuesday. There is a flight that gets at 8:00 but no one can give me a direct answer on customs being closed. The United guy told me just now to call the Latin dog people but then couldn't tell me who Latin dog people were.

Grrrrrrr!
Most airlines won't put dogs in cargo from May until November due to heat on the ground. Better check that out first
J

1 - 3 of 3 Posts