Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have some questions about the FLRM form I am filling in. I do not need legal advice, just clarification of some of the terminology.

My husband entered the UK as an asylum seeker, but we got married after living together as a couple for more than 2 years. We are married for more than 5 years now, 7 years together. His temporary leave to remain/visa/residence card is because of our marriage.
He is from Central Asia I am Dutch (I am settled in the UK and have a residence document). Residence card of a Family Member of an EEA National with Employment and Business Activities Allowed, which is going to expire in August (after 5 years). We have to apply for a new visa/extension. We are struggling with some of the terminology and are confused what box to tick.
Can someone help? Or has been through a similar experience like us?

What category does he fall in?

1) Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?

Is this a yes or a no?

2) Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave.

A) First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, or as a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months).

B) Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain as a partner of a settled person or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, or as a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of a settled person).

C) Further period of leave following a previous grant of leave to remain as a partner of a settled person or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, as a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

Is this A, B, or C?

3) In what category were you granted permission to enter the UK?

Is this the marriage? Or is this the initial asylum seeking application? He did not receive refugee status, but his visa is residential card for a spouse of an EEA National.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.