Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone can help please. Does anyone know if a property inspection report is needed in our situation. For the first year of my husband being in the UK we were living with my mum brother and sister, but we have moved out since February 2017. Basically I want to know what documents we need for that first year of my husband being in the UK despite the fact we no longer live there, for example I know that we would need letters addressed to both of us and a letter from my mum. My mum doesn't own the house by the way it's actually a council house. I'm not sure whether we would also need a letter from the council or the tenancy agreement under my mum's name? Our current living situation is very straightforward we have a flat to ourselves and can provide all the relative documents easily, we plan to apply via the premium route around April. Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
At the time of application you provide details of your current accommodation in order to fulfill the requirements of the visa. What you were in before if of no consequence.

If you are an apartment with just you and partner then you don't need an inspection report.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the current accomodation is just us two, we have been in it for over a year now. So if we only need to provide details of current living situation, there should be no problem if we don't have any documentation other than correspondence from when we lived in my mum's council house. That's such awsome news as I was worried I'd have to make my mum dig out a tenancy agreement, and have to beg the council to write a letter confirming we lived there, that could have been stressful!

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
What visa are you applying for?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With the FLRm visa what you said about the application is still applicable right? Apologies I should have mentioned that in the original post.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
At the time of the application you will provide all the details and documentation of where you are now staying eg rental/tenancy agreements, mortgage evidence, joint correspondence to current accommodation etc and for previous accommodation you can provide your earlier correspondence which you say you have.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm currently living in the UK on an FLR(M) visa. In 28 months time, the next step for me will be indefinite leave to remain via SET(M), the 5-year route.

My question is this: How and when do I notify the visa office of a change of address?

We've been living at this same address from the beginning but are wondering if we have the option to move house without complicating my visa status/application for SET(M).

I noticed the SET(M) application says on 1.13 "Your UK address - please inform us immediately if this changes".

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
You don't need to notify them of a change in address between visa applications, when you apply for SET(M) you will list any previous addresses

"Please inform us immediately if this changes" means if you move during the application process

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.