Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am trying to put together my evidence of cohabitation letters for FLRM, it takes much longer than I thought! :wacko: I have discovered some of my utility bills have 'paid' written on them in biro, and some other reference numbers... in hindsight I wish I hadn't marked them, but is this regarded as a defaced document? Can it be submitted?

My other question is about the dates, I have spread the items every 4 months apart, give or take a few weeks in some, and this takes me over 2.5 years. This gives me 3 items per year, and 2 for the half year. I thought I would just submit the extra 2, as I read some posts on the forum and couldn't understand whether they wanted letters covering the entire 2.5 yrs or just two years, as worded in the form.
Do each of the year's letters have to be from 3 different sources, or is it just 3 different sources overall? ( mostly I have the bank as a source)

Sorry if this sounds confusing, I have been looking at piles of letters for too long!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hello, I am trying to put together my evidence of cohabitation letters for FLRM, it takes much longer than I thought! :wacko: I have discovered some of my utility bills have 'paid' written on them in biro, and some other reference numbers... in hindsight I wish I hadn't marked them, but is this regarded as a defaced document? Can it be submitted?

My other question is about the dates, I have spread the items every 4 months apart, give or take a few weeks in some, and this takes me over 2.5 years. This gives me 3 items per year, and 2 for the half year. I thought I would just submit the extra 2, as I read some posts on the forum and couldn't understand whether they wanted letters covering the entire 2.5 yrs or just two years, as worded in the form.
Do each of the year's letters have to be from 3 different sources, or is it just 3 different sources overall? ( mostly I have the bank as a source)

Sorry if this sounds confusing, I have been looking at piles of letters for too long!
Bills/accounts marked is OK, many do same, we did and No problem.

Items of correspondence required are this either 6 in Joint names or 12in sole names or a combination of Joint and Sole. e.g. 3 joint and 3each sole(6). They should be spread over the last 30months...there is no need to so precise as stated.
If 6 Joint you can only use 3 suppliers (3x2). Providing you keep to the allowed providers.i.e Utility, NHS, Doctors, Banks, Council Tax, HMRC, there is No problem. You cannot use Mobile Phone accounts.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Thank you! Sorry for being dense but do you mean you have to use only 3 sources e.g bank, water, electric and there must be two of each?

Thanks
No, you can use more than 3 sources but must not use more than 2 bills from any one supplier. This is if you have joint accounts. If you are using Sole named accounts you can then use for instance in each of your names.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry another question: Do you have to provide the whole bill/letter, or will just the first page do?( I ask because I am photocopying everything as requested on the form)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Sorry another question: Do you have to provide the whole bill/letter, or will just the first page do?( I ask because I am photocopying everything as requested on the form)

Thanks
If Bill/Account, the front page which shows Names and Address and date/period of account.
If Letters then all the above plus signed page.

Don't forget all documents MUST be originals. Assume you are referring to the second set (Copies)?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Skyf, understood. Yes I meant that I was providing a photocopy of each document in addition to the original, thanks for checking though!
Would you mind telling me if my list and dates look ok?

Entered UK in Jan 15, providing letter from spouse's parents as confirmation we started off living at their address, then moved into own house later that year:

May 15 - Bank letter from applicant
May 15 - Bank letter from spouse
Aug 15 - Joint letter - Mortgage promise letter from Bank OR letter each from different banks.
Nov 15 - Joint letter from Bank OR joint statement
Feb 16 - Joint Water bill
Aug 16 - Joint Council tax bill
Nov 16 - Joint Council tax letter
Mar 17 - Joint Bank statement
Jul 17 - Joint Water bill.

I know that I have 8 dates, but there seemed to be conflicting posts in the past about whether you had to provide 2.5 yrs or 2 years so I thought it wouldn't hurt to do both.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Thanks Skyf, understood. Yes I meant that I was providing a photocopy of each document in addition to the original, thanks for checking though!
Would you mind telling me if my list and dates look ok?

Entered UK in Jan 15, providing letter from spouse's parents as confirmation we started off living at their address, then moved into own house later that year:

May 15 - Bank letter from applicant
May 15 - Bank letter from spouse
Aug 15 - Joint letter - Mortgage promise letter from Bank OR letter each from different banks.
Nov 15 - Joint letter from Bank OR joint statement
Feb 16 - Joint Water bill
Aug 16 - Joint Council tax bill
Nov 16 - Joint Council tax letter
Mar 17 - Joint Bank statement
Jul 17 - Joint Water bill.

I know that I have 8 dates, but there seemed to be conflicting posts in the past about whether you had to provide 2.5 yrs or 2 years so I thought it wouldn't hurt to do both.

Thanks
You moved into new house during September 2015? where is Council Tax bill for 15/16 year, you only shown 1 CT Bill for the whole period? That would be good bill to replace one of those stated.
The 2.5 period goes from the date of entry.

Otherwise appears OK.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah ok thanks very much for checking them, I will add in another council tax bill.
Just out of interest, do letters from the Electoral Services count? The ones where they confirm you are added to the Electoral register?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Ah ok thanks very much for checking them, I will add in another council tax bill.
Just out of interest, do letters from the Electoral Services count? The ones where they confirm you are added to the Electoral register?
Questionable. I don't believe it is on the list. As you have enough already do not concern yourselves.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.