Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All-

Pretty soon I have my Further Leave to Remain interview and I'm a little nervous. I'm pretty sure the paperwork will be easy enough but I'm wondering how the interview will go.

1. What kinds of questions will they ask?

2. I know the building is super secure and I'm wondering if my husband (Brit Citizen) will have to wait in the car or will he at least be able to wait with me?

3. How long should the interview last?

4. What are some helpful hints or additional paperwork I might bring that isn't mentioned?

5. I should know the same day but if for some reason I get denied, what should be the first thing I would do?

6. Any other info or experiences anyone has to share with me :)

Thanks guys- look forward to hearing from you all

·
Super Moderator
18,089 Posts
Hi All-

Pretty soon I have my Further Leave to Remain interview and I'm a little nervous. I'm pretty sure the paperwork will be easy enough but I'm wondering how the interview will go.

1. What kinds of questions will they ask?

2. I know the building is super secure and I'm wondering if my husband (Brit Citizen) will have to wait in the car or will he at least be able to wait with me?

3. How long should the interview last?

4. What are some helpful hints or additionalaperwork I might bring that isn't mentioned?

5. I should know the same day but if for some reason I get denied, what should be the first thing I would do?

6. Any other info or experiences anyone has to share with me :)

Thanks guys- look forward to hearing from you all
Do you mean you have an in-person appointment?

Have you reviewed the infirmation on the UKBA website?

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
A few points worth mentioning:
Your husband isn't just allowed, he is encouraged to accompany you throughout the appointment.
If they can't process your application, you will be told about it when the counter clerk examines your paperwork. No money will be taken and you will be told to apply by post. They do say it can take up to 24 hours to process same-day appointment.
You won't get your biometric residence permit there and then, but in the post within a week or so. Don't leave UK without it.
There was a blow-by-blow account of someone going through ILR application at Sollihull PEO earlier this year but I can't find it. Most people find the procedure pretty painless, provided you have all the supporting documents specified by UKBA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.