Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Couple of questions- would appreciate your help.

1. Premium service- I've read that the earliest I can book the premium appointment is 42 days. Might be silly to ask- but are those 42 calendar days or working days? What is the availability for these appointments, can we trust to get an appointment close to the earliest date of when we can apply? Only asking cause we need to provide all docs within 28 days prior to the appointment, so be good to be prepared.

2. Be great if someone could clarify the process with BRP- assuming we will be using the premium service- is that done in the center?

3. Is there anything we need to do/sort out before the premium appointment, aside from putting all our documents together? As far I understand, the application and healthcare surcharge payments are made when paying for the premium service?

Many many thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,202 Posts
1) Calendar days

2) Your visa is approved and the info is sent on to the place where they generate the cards. Card is made up and dispatched to you, via DX courier, within 10 working days after your appointment (don't get me started on how unreliable DX courier is).

3) Beyond gathering all of your paperwork and payment receipts, I'd recommend that you bring a small snack (Croydon has a small kiosk that sells coffee and light snacks but its supply is limited; not sure about catering facilities at other offices) and a book and/or tech to help you pass the time - while every effort is made to ensure that you're out of there as quickly as possible, delays beyond the control of UKVI can and have been known to happen, so you could be waiting a long time for a decision (due to a system wide IT failure with the biometric checks, I had to wait ~6 hours for a decision... I was the first appointment of the day and it took that long... I can't imagine how long others who had appointments later in the morning or in the early afternoon had to wait)... if you do bring tech, be aware that there's no WiFi at the service centres (at least there wasn't at Croydon in October '14) so you'll be cutting into your data allowance (I've always had an unlimited data plan); nor will there necessarily be a mains socket where you can plug in and charge up your devices (again, nowhere to charge my phone at the Croydon office in October '14), so make sure your phone/tablet/laptop are fully charged before you leave home.

Good luck to you!

Reactions: thomasvanderhool

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Can I run the dates calculation of when when we can apply and schedule the premium appointment? I arrived in the UK on 2/4/2015, 30 months from then is 2/10/2017, 28 days before that is 4/9/2017 (the earliest we can apply?), then 42 days before thay, say mid July is the earliest we can schedule the premium appointment? Can we trust to get an appoitment at the beginning of Sep?

So to make sure I understood ok- the BRP is done at the premium centre?

Thanks!

·
Registered
39,247 Posts
Yes about the appointment and yes about BRP. You get your biometrics taken there and you wait about a week to get your BRP sent to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.