Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I am a Malaysian recently married with my British husband. We are now looking into applying for FLR. Whilst researching into applying for this visa, I noticed this section:
"If you are applying for an extension of stay (rather
than indefinite leave to remain) even though you
have completed or are about to complete 2 years
permitted stay as the partner of the same person,
give the reason in section 4 of the application form
and explain in more detail in a letter if necessary." - ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/flr/guideflrm1020091.pdf

Please can anyone explain if I am eligible for this category or if I need to apply for another visa type? I have only been in the UK for 4 months (have recently married my British husband), and we have not lived together for 2 years (only 4 months, while I have been in the UK). I am currently living in the UK on a 6 months fiancee visa.

I am very confused by this. I will be very grateful if anyone can assist me on this. :)

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
What the quoted paragraph means is that for someone who would otherwise by eligible for settlement for living in UK for 2 years as spouse/partner (under the old rules), you don't have to go for ILR but can request an extension or further leave to remain instead, in which case you have to specify it.

As nyclon says, it doesn't apply to you at all, so ignore it and just apply for leave to remain as spouse/partner in form FLR(M).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.