Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I entered UK on 20th August 2013 on my spouse visa which expires on 13th May 2016. A bit of reading here made me aware that I can apply for my FLR as early as 23rd Jan 2016. I know it is still quite a few months away but I would like to make sure I have everything ready and this will also be a straightforward application like my last one.

Question 1
language requirement
I took an IELTS test in 2013 and used that for my first application. It is only valid for 2 years.
However, I think Joppa has mentioned in some thread that this can still be used for the FLR application? As there have been changes to the language requirements recently, I just want to double check if I still need to book another test.

Question 2
When I apply, I won't have the P60 for the 2015-2016 financial year. Should I submit the one I have issued in April 2015

Question 3
People have mentioned 6 different sources of proof of address but I didn't see anything mentioned on the gov.uk website. Is it still required or old requirements?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Q1:
You may not need to provide evidence of meeting the English language requirement if you have previously done so as part of a successful application for leave as a partner or parent, or if you sat your approved English language test on or after 6th April 2015.
FLR(M) Guidance page 9
Q2 - This depends on whether the period of income you are submitting touches upon the timespan of your previous P60 (6th April 2014 to 5th April 2015). If not, don't enclose it.
Q3 - Yes, it's still a requirement and an important one. So you should have been collecting evidence since your previous grant of visa. If you have been living together without significant periods of separation, you don't need other evidence like Skype, travel record, social media etc.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joppa for the reply. It is a big relief that I don't need to sit another language test. I have done so many so far to prove my English level for different reasons and accumulated a pile of certificates.

A further question re Q3 if you don't mind, we have moved house a year ago but have always lived together (husband, daughter and I). We have two joint bank accounts, our mortgage statements and most bills have both of our names as well. Do we need to have 6 bills of both names for each address?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Probably not, but try to find as many eligible pieces of evidence for each address as you can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.