Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'To allow for recourse to public funds in certain circumstances' i was reading the new changes after 10 aug which circumstances could there allow that could you use child tax and child benefit my husband earns 15800k yr i get £82 child benefit £30 tax credit could i apply with that

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Is your husband the visa holder, or the British partner?

Sometimes the visa holder can benefit indirectly, if the British partner applies for child benefit or tax credit, but they can't apply for individual public funds such as jobseekers allowance.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
my husbands the visa holder would i meet the requirements i get that payment monthly
No, not unless the ECO, the decision maker, thinks your case could come under Article 8 and there are exceptional circumstances and hardship involved in your situation.

If that was the case you would then be asked to produce additional evidence of financial resources.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I don't know what future changes you are talking about but right now

If one partner hold ILR or British nationality while second partner is subject to immigration control then couple can claim certain benefit

Child benefit will be at the name of settled person while child tax credit should be applied jointly after declaring combine income

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.