Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, you all gave me so much support when I initially applied for my spouse visa a few years ago... I have been living in the UK since March 2015 and my visa is due for renewal FLR (M)? as my current visa runs out on 23 November. I have printed out the application and filled 90% in and have a couple of questions if I may?

1.11 Immigration Health Surcharge Reference number (IHS) ?? I have no clue what this is??

Income requirement... We both are employed I am self employed and have submitted my tax for the last financial year online... I have the printout that they gave me... is this all I need to submit for me?

9.7 Biometric Residence Permit Enclosed?

By this do they mean my passport that has the biometrics taken in Australia when they issued my current visa?

(Below it asks if it isn't enclosed was it lost, stolen or other??

I see from other posts that I can not apply until 30 or 28 days before this visa is due.... so say the 24th? 26th October??

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

KR

·
Registered
315 Posts
Answers in bold:

Hi all, you all gave me so much support when I initially applied for my spouse visa a few years ago... I have been living in the UK since March 2015 and my visa is due for renewal FLR (M)? as my current visa runs out on 23 November. I have printed out the application and filled 90% in and have a couple of questions if I may?

1.11 Immigration Health Surcharge Reference number (IHS) ?? I have no clue what this is??

As part of your application you have to pay £500 IHS fee, when you do, you'll get a reference number that goes here.

Income requirement... We both are employed I am self employed and have submitted my tax for the last financial year online... I have the printout that they gave me... is this all I need to submit for me?

I believe it's quite a bit more than that, Appendix FM Section 1.7 will explain what is need. Alternatively, if your spouse is employed (rather than self employed) and meets the £18,600, then I'd advise using there income alone, as it's far less complicated.

9.7 Biometric Residence Permit Enclosed?

By this do they mean my passport that has the biometrics taken in Australia when they issued my current visa?

You didn't receive one as you got your visa before they were introduced. You'll get one this time though.

(Below it asks if it isn't enclosed was it lost, stolen or other??

I see from other posts that I can not apply until 30 or 28 days before this visa is due.... so say the 24th? 26th October??

28 days.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

KR

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for that... re the income. My husband only works part time, our son is ASD/ADHD and my husband receives DLA for him. (I'm also confused as to wether we add that amount in too?) So in reference to my income... I must declare it as I'm the main earner and his income alone doesn't meet requirements. I read through the F.M section 1.7 but can't seem to see where it says how to declair your self employed income?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks so much for that... re the income. My husband only works part time, our son is ASD/ADHD and my husband receives DLA for him. (I'm also confused as to wether we add that amount in too?) So in reference to my income... I must declare it as I'm the main earner and his income alone doesn't meet requirements. I read through the F.M section 1.7 but can't seem to see where it says how to declair your self employed income?
I'm not sure regarding a lot of this, a more experienced member will be able to offer advice. However, It's Category F for self-employed. Section 9 of FM 1.7. You declare it in the application form, which you should have a look at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.