Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My husband has been employed by an agency and working at the same company for over 12 months. We are applying under Category A.

He is paid weekly, and the hours he works can vary each week depending on if there is more work available, but it is at least 37 hours per week.

I am unsure how to work out his gross annual income, and have heard/ read conflicting advice.

I was under the impression I should use his pay from the 6 months prior to applying for the FLR(M).

I have added together his gross pay for the last 6 months, divided this by 6 and times by 12.

Is this correct?

As he does not has a set number of hours per week, I cannot work out a basic pay. I was thinking I should use his lowest payslip from the last 6 months and times this by 26, dive by 6, x 12?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
As he is non-salaried, you take average over 6 months and annualise, i.e. add up all 26 weekly payslips, then divide by 26 and multiply by 52.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
As he is non-salaried, you take average over 6 months and annualise, i.e. add up all 26 weekly payslips, then divide by 26 and multiply by 52.
Thank you, Joppa. That is the calculation I was thinking of.

I have just been a bit confused about if after speaking to an immigration adviser - she said not to work out for the last 6 months but for the whole year since he started working (so from July 2016 to July 2017) but that is not inline with what I have read on the guidance notes, and felt like very random advice.

She also said you cannot include any holiday pay... however I think you can?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Of course you can include holiday pay, if it's paid as part of his wage packet (as it usually is). Ignorance of some so-called experts is appalling.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course you can include holiday pay, if it's paid as part of his wage packet (as it usually is). Ignorance of some so-called experts is appalling.
That's what I thought... I know, it felt like she was throwing random information at us to worry us so we would hire her.

Thanks again, really appreciate the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.