Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My husband is currently on his first Spouse Visa and we're happily living in the UK. So happy, in fact, that we'd quite like to keep it that way! We've mined the deepest, darkest depths of the UKVI website to try and work out timings, but it's just such a mess, I thought I'd try to get some answers here instead.

Basically, we want to know when to apply for FLR(M). My husband's visa s valid from 04/11/13 and expires on 04/08/16. We want to apply as early as possible, to be organised and not panic, but we can't find anything advising when to actually apply. Is it possible to apply 6 months before the visa expires? When is the earliest we can apply?

Secondly, regarding the health surcharge: is it too early to pay this? We want to get it out of the way so it's not hanging over our heads, but how early is too early, or does it not matter?

Sorry to bombard with questions, but it's all just so confusing and impossible to get a straight answer from official sources!

Thanks,
joannakabana

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
When to apply: on the 30-month anniversary of his UK arrival, minus up to 28 days. Booking for premium service appointment (recommended) opens 6 weeks in advance.

Paying IHS. I'm not quite sure how early you can apply, but most people do so just after they've booked premium service appointment. If you have money ready now, I suggest you set it aside for IHS when due.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just jumping in for some clarification regarding the timing. The first settlement visa is issued for 33 months. So we can apply before the 30 th month? Am I right?

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.