Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

For my FLR(M) visa, I am still using my maiden name and use the title Ms. even if I am currently married, and have used my maiden name for my BRP identification card and when applying for a National Insurance number after getting approved for my first extension of the FLR(M) visa. They know I am married as well as I have the certificate to prove it.

1. Will changing my last name to my married name affect my next extension for my FLR(M) visa?

2. Do you need to change to your married name as soon as possible after your visa has been approved?

3. Is it best to renew and update your passport details to your married name first before updating your BRP card, bank details, and National Insurance etc.? My passport expires in 2019 so I'm wondering if having a spouse name change is no rush. I haven't changed it yet because I thought all my name details need to match my passport name during the visa process and then once approved, I can update my passport and have my new married name match with all my other identifications, etc. Is that correct?

Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.