Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :wave:,

New user to this forum, but been browsing as a guest for a while as it's been extremely valuable for me and my partner. I'm from the UK and my partner is from PH, she's currently here on a Tier 4 study visa and we are in the process of going over to the FLR(M) visa after our Civil partnership ceremony takes place on Saturday (after a delay from May).

I was just hoping for someone to look at a couple of queries we are worried about before we go ahead and submit next week some time.

Financial/accomodation documents;
Currently I have six months bank statements and payslips (where all salary is shown within those statements) - this is from my main bank account.

The issue is that I transfer £x every month to another bank account which pays for my main bills (mortgage, council tax, utilities etc), but currently I have not included these in my documents - do I need these also to go along with the accomodation documents (to show mortgage/council payments?) or is it OK just to include my main bank account statements showing my income?

Also, for the accomodation requirements we have the land registry document (paid online, the £3 version), my mortgage letter and we also included a sales leaflet that shows the estimation of the floor size in sq ft (it's a 1 bedroom flat and just me and my parter). Is this enough for the requirements?

It mentions overcrowding and sizes a lot which is worrying my other half.

Any help would be appreciated just to settle some nerves on our side :)

·
17,923 Posts
They only care about the bank statement which shows your pay being deposited. They don't care about your outgoings.

You don't need the sales leaflet. They are only worried about overcrowding if you are sharing your accommodation with someone other than your immediate family which includes your partner and children. So, if it is just you and your partner, you are fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They only care about the bank statement which shows your pay being deposited. They don't care about your outgoings.

You don't need the sales leaflet. They are only worried about overcrowding if you are sharing your accommodation with someone other than your immediate family which includes your partner and children. So, if it is just you and your partner, you are fine.
Thank you for the information - I'm hoping either yourself (or anyone else) can just check the below list and see if it seems OK to yourself? We are looking to submit tomorrow/Sunday so we are going through everything one last time.

General
  • Sponsor form (SU07)
  • My passport (Sponsor - Picture page + stamp pages)

Relationship
  • Civil Partnership certificate (+ notice period letter)
  • Sponsors letter (info about relationship and moving in)
  • Photographs + messages
  • National Express (to/from each other) + Flight ticket
  • Joint bank statement (I think not necessary?)

Financial
  • Sponsor employment letter (wage per month/year + employment date/type + role)
  • Jan - Jun payslips (money in at the end of month, so within 28 days)
  • 6 months bank statements (showing previous 6 payslips)

Accomodation
  • £3 Register plan (from the online registry showing that I own the flat)
  • Mortgage registration + yearly statement
  • Energy, Internet and latest Council tax bill (at address) (?)
  • Layout showing size of apartment (will only be us two within the flat)

English language
  • IELTS result
  • Award verification for her studies finishing this year (BA)

As she has been in the UK since September 2019 from the Philippines, I do not believe she needs to include the TB test results from before right? I'm guessing we can note this in the letter showing how we meet requirements?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts