Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi looking for some info on FLR(m) application. Hopefully one or two of you guys have already been through this successfully and can advise us. So i am the sponser and my wife is applying, and just have a couple of questions to ask.

1, On page 43, is about the English Language Requirements

My wife is here now on a Tier 4 student visa studying, before she came here she had to do a IELTS test to aquire her current visa but not sure if this test is still acceptable for the FLR(M) visa. It was done on The british council website and is a cambride english centre website i cant post the link as not enough posts yet :( and was testing at The Landmark Hotel in bangkok, we believe it is acceptable but not 100% does anyone know?? Also if it is accpetable what would we put to the questions. Tital of Qualification? and Level of Qualification?

2, We are going to use one of the premium centres to hopefully make the application go a little quicker, the health care surcharge do we pay that before booking or when booking ro when at the centre does anyone know?

3, Paying for the actual visa application. do we pay this on the premium centre website or when there or is there a specific website we have to go on and pay to apply??

Hopefully someone can help us and answer some of our questions!!

Thanks in advance

Will :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
#1 She can submit her previous test pass used for spouse visa. IELTS and A1?
#2 Apparently the system has been tweaked and you are automatically transferred to IHS site after you've paid visa fees.
#3 When you book your appointment, you are prompted to settle your visa fees in full.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#1 She can submit her previous test pass used for spouse visa. IELTS and A1?
#2 Apparently the system has been tweaked and you are automatically transferred to IHS site after you've paid visa fees.
#3 When you book your appointment, you are prompted to settle your visa fees in full.
1# im confused she pass a IELTS test with the british council but that was for a Tier 4 student visa getting 5 and 5.5 in speaking and listening this is still acceptable? do you know what level of qualification i would input in the application??

Thanks for the reply :D

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
No, she has take a new test, as the previous test was for another visa category (tier 4).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.