Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

We have our appointment in a few weeks and wondered if anyone could have a look at our checklist and answer my questions?

1) Application form
2)Payment Sheet
3) 2 pictures of applicant
4) 1 picture of sponsor
5) IHS form
6) Applicant passport
7) Sponsor passport
8) Sponsor 6 months bank statements signed by the bank
9) Sponsor employment contract
10) Sponsor letter from employer
11) Sponsor 6 months payslips
12) Lease (Spanish) - translated by an official translator (this lease is only relevant for 1 month of the 2 year period so we have no utility bills) May 2013- Aug 2013
13) Letter from landlord stating a) We lived together at the property from x to x b) we contributed equally to the living costs and description of the property (NOTE: is it a big issue if we can't get the title info?) Aug 2013 - May 2014
14) Three 6 month leases covering May 2014 - Nov 2015 for the same property
15) Council Tax bill joint name 14/15
16) Council tax bill joint name 15/16
17) Applicant 2 letters (NHS and National Insurance) from 1st property UK and 3 (bank, HMRC and DVLA) 2nd property in UK
18) Sponsor 2 letters (previous employer letter and private parking ticket letter /or previous employer payslip) 1st UK property and 3 (DVLA, NHS and bank) 2nd UK address
19) Travel itinerary for trip to visit partner family
20) 10 pictures over relationship including, us on holiday, pictures with each others families, us in our houses, Christmas etc.

We also have a mobile phone contract which has both of our names and numbers attached to the schedule can I use this?

Have we missed anything? I was just going to put the originals in one bundle and the copies in another. Do I need to fuss organising them?

Also for a premium appointment do we need a covering letter from both of us? Do we need to copy each page of our passports?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
From August 2013 to May 2014 the only proof you have is a letter from the landlord? I'm not sure that's going to be enough. You don't have a tenancy agreement? A letter could be viewed as subjective and it's not official documentation like a tenancy agreement.

You don't need trip itineraries. You need to prove that you've lived together, not that you've travelled together.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I recently went down the FLR(o) route which is slightly different but mostly you look like you've got what you need.
We had a lot more docs for proof of address (in individual names and jointly as available). I think we tried for something every couple of months to show at any point in time over the two years we were living at the same address.
We just included copies of the information page of our passports in the copies bundle.
I ordered everything in the same order it related to the sections of the application.
We also had a letter from our landlord for a 3 months period where there was no lease, even though I was told this would hold no value, but we did have letters to that address which I included so I think make sure you have those to support the fact you lived there. Maybe one dated Aug 2013 and one from May 2014 and a couple inbetween to show further proof you both lived there? I think the best letters to send are from HMRC, DVLA, NHS, NI, bank statements etc. The phone bill might help so may as well include it!

I did a post outlining everything we included so that might help you if you'd like to take a look. We also used the premium service, I didnt attend but my partner was in and out in around an hour. It only took about 45mins for the actual decision to be made, and the BRP was received in less than a week!

Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Nyclon, I will drop the itineries.

We have a letter from the landlord, title page to show that he owns the property and the applicant has 2 letters (NHS and National Insurance) and the sponsor has 2 letters (previous employer letter and private parking ticket letter) as well as payslips covering the whole time living there.

We didn't have a tenancy agreement in place at the time as we stayed with a friend (with landlords permission) it was a large house and we had a double room there and contributed to the bills by paying cash to landlord or bank transfer to other tenant.

Will this be enough? Can you advise if there is anything else we could get?

Also do we need cover letters?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks LizloveNz that is really helpful.

We have a few more letters from our time there but I didn't want to include too much. I think I will just put them in anyway to be on the safe side.

Can you send me the link to your post?

Thanks so much x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.