Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
This was discussed already but the most recent feeds I found were from 2013-15, therefore I hope it is OK to ask this again.

On the application form to renew unmarried partner/spouse visa there is a question 6.12 If necessary can you and your partner live together outside the UK?

Well, I don’t know what to say?:confused:
My initial feeling is to say No as the house is here, all our plans for the future are here, plus we mainly rely on his salary (keeping in mind I probably won’t work when we have kids) and he doesn’t speak the language of my home country and surely won’t be able to fins well paid job there.
Obviously we are not going to split up if I don’t get a visa and need to leave for a while, but we are not gonna move away, we will be looking for a way to make me come back to the UK.
My second feeling was to say Yes, as this sort of says that the relationship is strong and no matter where we live.

So to sum up, I am not sure what are they really asking this for? How bad is it to say No?
To make it more complicated – this is our renewal and I really do not remember what we said in the first application 2,5 years ago

Thank you in advance to everyone who can advise or share their recent experience.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Don't put too much weight on this question, how you answer doesn't dictate the outcome of your application. For most people the answer is 'yes' but it's really subjective, and my guess is that its only value (for the Home Office) is perhaps in a potential appeal on human rights grounds after a refusal.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't put too much weight on this question, how you answer doesn't dictate the outcome of your application. For most people the answer is 'yes' but it's really subjective, and my guess is that its only value (for the Home Office) is perhaps in a potential appeal on human rights grounds after a refusal.
Thank you! It is just so much pressure so I think the more I read the more underlying meaning I am seeing...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.