Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm soon to post my FLR M application. I would really appreciate if you could answer the questions i have below and review my checklist.

Thank you! :)

Questions:

1) Does sponsor/husband need to provide his Previous UK passport?

2) Does sponsor need to provide his second nationality dual citizenship certificate/second nationality passport?

3) Do I need to provide Utility bills if they are in the names of my husband's parents? And if so how many.

4) Online FLR(M) application asks details of when I have lived in other countries previously, stamps of which are in my mothers passport where I was listed as a child. Do I need to also provide this old passport original?​

My application checklist:

Application

Completed FLR (M) online application single sided print out.
Pay IHS and include payment details in application
Explanatory note for any missing documents or providing copies instead of originals
2 sets of copies of the original application
Applicant+sponsor cover letter both signed highlights on life together in the past 2.5 years

Applicant’s evidence:
Current Original passport
Previous passport with initial UK Spouse Visa stamped
Original Birth certificate with certified English translation
2x (45x35mm) passport sized colour photos (with full name written on back)

Proof of English language requirement:
Expired, Original IELTS test report (C1 Pass)

Sponsor’s information:

Current passport (photocopy whole passport and declare as a true copy by sponsor)
Original Birth certificate/English translation certified
Sponsor 1x ID photos (with full name written on back of photo)
UK full Driving license(copy of uk driving licence)

Proof of financial requirement:

Updated Letter of employment from the current company dated within 28 days of applying
Employment contract
Last 6 online printed pay slips stamped.
Signed letter from HR (verifying payslips)
P60- 2017
Accompanying original 6 months bank statements ( stamped duplicate statements) include in cover note why it is a printout e.g. accidentally went to online statement

Proof of accommodation: 

Letter from landlord giving permission to further stay (updated version)
Letter from parents giving permission to further stay with them (updated version)
Tenancy agreement (parents)
Housing Inspection report (from initial spouse visa)
Council tax bills (under parents name) for 2015-2017
Latest Electic & Gas bill under parents name.

Proof of marriage: (relationship section)

Original marriage certificate + certified English translation

Proof of subsisting relationship:
13 printed Photos of relationship over past 2.5 years
2 joint address proof letters
12 individual address proof letters

·
Registered
924 Posts
Questions:

1) Does sponsor/husband need to provide his Previous UK passport?

A. Only his most recent /current UK passport required.You do not have to post the original passport. You are allowed to submit a copy of the passport, as long as EVERY SINGLE page has been photocopied.

2) Does sponsor need to provide his second nationality dual citizenship certificate/second nationality passport?

A. No, not that I am aware of. Your sponsor simply needs to provide proof of his UK citizenship/residency.

3) Do I need to provide Utility bills if they are in the names of my husband's parents? And if so how many. ]

A. I do not see why your in laws utility bills are needed? You simply need to prove that they own the house (one council tax bill + mortgage/rent papers) and that you are permitted to stay there (by way of a letter from them).

4) Online FLR(M) application asks details of when I have lived in other countries previously, stamps of which are in my mothers passport where I was listed as a child. Do I need to also provide this old passport original?

A. You do not need to provide the passports. Just the dates of when you lived abroad is fine. That's what I did. (my FLR (M) is currently still under consideration)

·
Registered
924 Posts
Your list of documents looks fine- I personally did not add any photos or letters from myself/ sponsor this time. Not sure if they are essential, but can't hurt to have them in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Kimi 2490,
thank you for your responses.
How sure are you of the need for those evidences, only wondering as your FLR(m) is still in progress, are there rules set around these?

Thanks

·
Registered
924 Posts
Through reading the many other posts of advice on here mainly. Also, certain rules don't change regardless of whether it is FLR (M) application or your first entry as a spouse/fiance. The accommodation evidence is one such area - rental agreement / mortgage papers + 1 recent council tax bill is sufficient in either application .

Passport wise also im sure because I've never submitted previous passports in any of my various UK visa applications. And I've had a few.

Plus I do troll the other threads in my free time and pick up tid bits. :p

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi,

If you're doing the postal application, then you need to print out the application form (check for the latest version ), fill by hand and include it with the pack.

You need new English test certificate to A1

And also, below are not required for FLR(M) (required for initial spouse visa):

Application

2 sets of copies of the original application
Applicant+sponsor cover letter both signed highlights on life together in the past 2.5 years

Applicant’s evidence:
Original Birth certificate with certified English translation

Proof of English language requirement:
Expired, Original IELTS test report (C1 Pass)

Sponsor’s information:
Original Birth certificate/English translation certified
UK full Driving license(copy of uk driving licence)

Proof of subsisting relationship:
13 printed Photos of relationship over past 2.5 years

Good luck

·
Registered
924 Posts
There are online applications now that you do not need to print and fill by hand. You can fill it online and submit it online.

You only print and post supporting documents and other evidence.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks for that :)

·
Registered
924 Posts
Not a worry Zakmuh :) you are often on here giving good advice, and things do change in the world of visas so quickly. So hard to keep up sometimes.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I know! You literally got to keep an eye on rules every week.

I was in the middle of filling the online application form, just to get familiar, it's different to paper one. Some questions they've asked like 'Leaving the UK_If you were required to leave the UK, what country would you go to?Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country? (Required)'. This one is not there on the paper one!?

I'm a bit confused.com here....doesn't it say that you can apply either online or fill the form and post it?

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/apply

You can apply either:
•by post or in person - fill in form FLR(M)

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yes, it looks like there are two ways now. Either is fine. And it does seem like the forms aren't completely the same either.

But anyway, as long as people completed the right form for their chosen method of application, it should be fine.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks for double confirming it. It's just to make sure I don't miss anything and regret over a refusal.

I'd most likely go down the old school way, fill by hand 'cos it has less complicated questions. I've got more questions but I'll ask them away later on.

Cheers

·
Registered
525 Posts
I know! You literally got to keep an eye on rules every week.

I was in the middle of filling the online application form, just to get familiar, it's different to paper one. Some questions they've asked like 'Leaving the UK_If you were required to leave the UK, what country would you go to?Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country? (Required)'. This one is not there on the paper one!?

I'm a bit confused.com here....doesn't it say that you can apply either online or fill the form and post it?

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/apply

You can apply either:
•by post or in person - fill in form FLR(M)
Hi Zakmuh, I am doing the online application and have stumbled across this very question. Other than the obvious of wanting to live with husband. What other answers do you reckon will be useful. Please do let me know. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.