Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

In May this year, me (American Citizen, 26m) and my partner (British Citizen, 30f) applied for a fiance visa, which was approved and we had our wonderful wedding here in London in October before shooting off on honeymoon.

Now, of course, comes the FLR(M) application, which we are doing in person on the 11 November.

Just like last time, we are meeting the financial requirement via the self-employed category (Category F). She is employed in the arts and also takes on temporary, salaried employment throughout the year, which helped us make the difference to over 18,600GBP.

For the Fiance Visa, under the Self-Employment Route, we used the last full financial year: April 2012 to April 2013

Under the Fiance Visa form, we were advised by Joppa to fill out both Part 3A for the salaried employment income shortfall and Part 3C for the self-employment income. Alongside this, we also made a little calculation of "Self-Employed Income- (X-Amount) + Salaried Income- (X-Amount) = (Full Income for Financial Year)

Now, on the FLR(M) form, under Section 7A- Financial Requirement, I am assuming that we should do the same as the last application and fill out the forms for both Category B and Category F. This is correct, yes? And as such, which boxes do we tick for 7.3? The box indicating that we are relying on Self-Employment and Category F? The box indicating that we are using salaried income and Category B? Or, is it what I think might be the case, and we should tick all 4 boxes?

Most importantly, when we fill out Section 7.3A for Income for Salaried Employment, should we answer the questions relating to the 12 months worth of salaried income using the last 12 months prior to this application, or using the 12 months of the financial year that we are using for our self-employment income (April 2012- April 2013)? There seems to be a request for both.

I would think that they would like us to show the employment during the financial year, as our main category is Self Employment (Category F), but I just want to clarify what we put down in in Section 7.3A, particularly questions iv, v, viii, x, xiv, and xv)

On 7.3A Question XV, that question specifies 12 months prior to the application, so should that be the most recent 12 months even if we use the April to April financial year for the other questions?

Also, it's fine to tick the "no" box when the 7.3 asks if you meet the financial requirement using the salaried employment, right? (Since we are combining the incomes)

Lastly, where do we specify that we're combining the incomes from salaried and self-employment to meet the requirements? The guidance clearly states that we can do this, but the only box to indicate this (at the end of 7.3B) tends to suggest that it would be combined with non-employment or pension income.

Thanks so much for any and all help that could be given. We're so close to having all of this insane amount of paperwork done and done (at least until the visa renewal)!

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
I wouldn't lose sleep over FLR(M) form. Just tick boxes you think they apply to you but enclose a statement showing in a clear tabular form how you are meeting the requirement by combining employed and self-employment income. Employed earnings must be on P60 from tax year 2012-13. As you are making in-person application, they can query any details (though they rarely do).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Joppa! We, of course, are probably stressing far too much just to make sure that we make sure everything is completely copacetic, lest we miss out on approval due to one silly thing we missed.

In that case, let me only ask you this, then: for the Question xv on Section 7.3A, it specifies that we total the amount earned 12 months prior to the application, so for that question, should we use the most recent 12 month total, or should we again use only the 12 month total from the 2012/2013 Financial Year?

I only ask to find out if we will need to bring additional documentation for the pay periods after the financial year ended (P60s being impossible since the tax year is only halfway done).

Thanks so much!

EDIT: My wife also informs me that it asks that question twice;

Question xiv: What is your sponsor's annual income from their current employment before tax.

AND

Question xv: And, if your sponsor answered at iv (we did) what was your sposnor's total income from salaried employment before tax in the 12 months prior to this date of application.

So it's those two questions we're looking for some elucidation on.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
You add the income from both during the last tax year 2012-13. ignore what the form says about last 12 months. Just enter the amount from last tax year where they ask for last 12 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.