Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband arrived in the UK on spouse visa and I had Settlement (ILR) when he arrived and
he is going to apply for an extension in November 2017.

There are two Questions which are confusing and I need your help to answer and
interpret them please.

Visa application form FLR(M) Section 2 - Under which category are you applying for leave?

2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor? Yes No

(Here ‘visa or extension’ is confusing as if I go with VISA then it’s not the first time he is going to apply Means answer is NO. But if I go with Extension then it will his first extension and answer will YES)

2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.
(CHOOSE ONE)
(Answer can be 1) when I think that first entry in the UK had entry clearance. Answer can 2) because my partner already has visa means initial grant of leave to remain and he is going to apply for second time)

1) First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, or as a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months).

2) Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain as a partner of a settled person or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, or as a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of a settled person).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.