Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The expiration of my first FLR (M) is rapidly approaching (19 Sep 2017) and I was looking for some assistance as I am gathering all of our documents in preparation for completing the form and booking the same day appointment.

Correspondence;
I am just wanting some clarification on correspondence.
We have lived together since December 2014 (FLR was granted March 15), do I need to include correspondence prior from Dec 14?

Below is a list of what I have so far if someone wouldn't mind checking, we have moved a couple of times in the last 2.5 years. I am not sure if I have too many big gaps or if what I can provide will be suitable.

Applicant -

Bank Statement - Jun 15
Bank Statement - Dec 15
Registration for doctor to not dated but for a practise near our north London address.
Bank Statement - Feb 16
Bank Statement - Aug 16
Bank Statement - Feb 17
Bank Statement - May 17

Sponsor -
EDF - 08 Dec 14
Bank Statement - May 15
Bank Travel insurance policy letter - Sep 15
Thames Water Direct Debit letter Feb 16
Letter from Bank - Oct 16
Bank Travel insurance policy letter - Apr 17
Bank Statement - May 17 Bank Travel insurance policy letter - Sep 15

Joint -
Thames Water - Jan 15
EDF - Jan 15
Bank Statement - May 15
EDF - Feb 16
EDF - Jun 17
Thames water x2 - May 17 and Jun 17
Bank Statements x 2 - May 17 and July 17

I am also a little bit confused by the financial requirement. I earn over £18600 (as the applicant) can I just apply under my salary? Do I also have to provide my partners payslips, employment contract, bank statements show her salary, employment status etc?

Thanks in advance for your help! This is a daunting process!!

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
You only need to provide evidence from the start of your current visa, so from March 2015

If you meet the financial requirement by yourself, don't give any details of your partner's employment. It's not necessary and it would be confusing

Your correspondence is a bit much (but really not terribly so), omit the correspondence from January 2015 and include something (preferably joint) closer to the date of application. Remember that the requirement is six pieces of joint correspondence, or six from each, for a maximum required of twelve pieces total. It's not particularly helpful to send in two things addressed to the same person from the same month (e.g., joint statements for EDF and water bill in the same month). Post without a date on it can't really be considered.

As long as you don't have gaps of more than about 6 months in correspondence in one person's name, and it covers the full visa period, you are ok. Your sources are fine. Objectively, it just needs to show that you were clearly living together.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Further to above comment, you've got too many letters with short gap. Please see attached pic.

Visa Correspondence.jpg

I've given a suggestion. See if you can provide something like that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi both,
Thanks so much for your help, I will work on taking out some correspondence and get something additional for June 16. We should have more bank statements or a bill closer to when I apply.
It seems I cannot amend my current application, has anyone had experience with this? I have got to the point of before paying the IHS surcharge but it isn't giving me the option to change any answers! Does this mean I have to start over?

I have a couple of other questions about the application if any one can help.

Question; Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country?
-I answered no here but it would be difficult to live in NZ without my partner and without a job? Should this be a yes then?

Question; Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary?
-I answered no here as my partner would require a visa for NZ too, is that correct or should I put yes?

Question;Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?
-I answered no as my main reason to stay here is my partner. Another reason could be my job, shall I put that?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I think you can print out the online application, do the correction on it and submit it with the supporting documents.

The only reason I'm doing the paper application is, it doesn't have any of those questions. So I don't know what answer you could give to those 3, I'm afraid. Those are very tricky questions eh!

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
You need to give more considered answers to the questions.
#1 Examples would be non-recognition of qualification, employment situation, climate (probably not for NZ), language (not for English speaker), being apart from elderly relatives in UK who may need care and support.
#2 Visa is needed for almost everyone so that's not an overriding concern (and you need one for UK). Some of the answers above may also be valid. Security concerns, if your partner is from Syria or Somalia etc.
#3 Professional reasons, having elderly or disabled relatives needing support etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hi all,
Thanks for your help with my application :)

On the online form where it asks how long have you lived in the UK, do I need to say the time from when I first arrived (Jul 2013) or when my first FLR was granted (Mar 2015).

I was wondering about this question
Have you been out of the UK since you started living here?
Is that for long periods or for holidays too? I haven't been out of the UK for more than 3.5 weeks since I live here but just wondering if I need to enter every overseas trip I have taken since March 2015 :)

Thanks again!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You need to give more considered answers to the questions.
#1 Examples would be non-recognition of qualification, employment situation, climate (probably not for NZ), language (not for English speaker), being apart from elderly relatives in UK who may need care and support.
#2 Visa is needed for almost everyone so that's not an overriding concern (and you need one for UK). Some of the answers above may also be valid. Security concerns, if your partner is from Syria or Somalia etc.
#3 Professional reasons, having elderly or disabled relatives needing support etc.
Hi Joppa,
Just on the question Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country?

I have written the below but I am also a bit confused about what evidence I would need to provide?

I have built a life in the United Kingdom with my wife during my time here. If I was to return to New Zealand I would be separated from my wife as she would need to apply for a visa to settle in New Zealand. Additionally I wouldn't have employment in New Zealand and I have established a good career in the United Kingdom. Additionally the financial impact of relocating back to New Zealand would be significant.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Argument weak and unconvincing. The need for a visa exists whichever country you choose. While you prefer to live in UK, there is no exceptional reason why you can't build a life together in NZ. It's not Syria or Somalia.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Argument weak and unconvincing. The need for a visa exists whichever country you choose. While you prefer to live in UK, there is no exceptional reason why you can't build a life together in NZ. It's not Syria or Somalia.
Joppa,
I understand that I don't come from a country where I would be persecuted or is worn torn however these are my legitimate reasons for living here and wanting to continue to live here as I have built a life with my wife here and consider this home. My wife actually refuses to leave the UK and live in New Zealand but I didn't deem that as appropriate to put on the form.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
No, knocking another country isn't wise. If you watch TV programme, Wanted Down Under, there are 1000s of Brits desperate to have a new life in NZ so there are good arguments on both sides. It's actually helpful to say that you can contemplate living in NZ together if the application doesn't succeed.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi there, NZ is a wonderful place to be, no doubt about that!
I don't have any advice sorry, but I just wanted to point out that if you fill in the paper application form ( I found this out by accident after paying for the premium appointment first by mistake) then the questions are slightly different, check it out. You also don't have to fill in every single time you went on holiday ( unless it was for 5 months i think)
You can then book your appointment and take your form with you, plus you can add or correct anything up till the day you have the appointment, whereas with the online form you can't... It is 70 pages to print though!

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Joppa,
I understand that I don't come from a country where I would be persecuted or is worn torn however these are my legitimate reasons for living here and wanting to continue to live here as I have built a life with my wife here and consider this home. My wife actually refuses to leave the UK and live in New Zealand but I didn't deem that as appropriate to put on the form.
This question is not likely to be taken into consideration if you fulfill the financial, accommodation and relationship criteria.

Do you have cause to think your application will fail? (This is for FLR so you met the requirements for the initial visa, has anything dramatically changed in your situation.?) If not, then this question becomes irrelevant.

If you can't fulfill the requirements as stated above, then your answers will become relevant and they are not substantial enough to refuse you a visa if you cannot fulfill the requirements.

Reactions: topo morto

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This question is not likely to be taken into consideration if you fulfill the financial, accommodation and relationship criteria.

Do you have cause to think your application will fail? (This is for FLR so you met the requirements for the initial visa, has anything dramatically changed in your situation.?) If not, then this question becomes irrelevant.

If you can't fulfill the requirements as stated above, then your answers will become relevant and they are not substantial enough to refuse you a visa if you cannot fulfill the requirements.
Hi Crawford,
Thanks was panicking a bit there...nothing has changed since my first application :)

I have booked my appointment for the 12th of September and my visa expires on the 19th of September... is it ok as its only a week between the appointment and visa expiry? I was trying for the end of Aug but the appointments were full and then the first week of September I am on holiday.

Thanks,

Lauren

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.