Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I can't believe it's been 2.5 years already and it's time to reapply! I can't thank you all enough for all your advice last time round and I'm hoping for some similar advice for this application. I've booked a premium appointment again (can't bear the thought of the long waiting times on postal applications!) and I've completed my form this time with a few queries. This year, I'm applying on CAT A - salaried employment (based on my income only).

a) Seeing as I'm applying based on my income only, do I need to include my husband's income information on the grid for 7.3A? I ask because the questions keep referring to 'combined income from salaried employment' although I'm relying on my finances alone.

b) Where they query 'shared financial responsibilities', I've detailed our outgoing payments from our joint account. Do I need to note how much/month against each item or just saying 'mortgage payment, energy and water bills, council tax' etc is enough?

c) I've paid both IHS and visa + appointment fees already - do I need to complete payment page or just leave blank?

d) Can you direct me towards where I can find my BRP number? Is it on the top right of the permit?

e) Total time in the UK - I've been here since 2009, first on a student visa, then a PSW and my last visa was the FLR(M) - just under 6 years in total. I'm assuming they want the total duration?

Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to your advice and thanks so much in advance :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello all,

I can't believe it's been 2.5 years already and it's time to reapply! I can't thank you all enough for all your advice last time round and I'm hoping for some similar advice for this application. I've booked a premium appointment again (can't bear the thought of the long waiting times on postal applications!) and I've completed my form this time with a few queries. This year, I'm applying on CAT A - salaried employment (based on my income only).

a) Seeing as I'm applying based on my income only, do I need to include my husband's income information on the grid for 7.3A? I ask because the questions keep referring to 'combined income from salaried employment' although I'm relying on my finances alone.

No you do not, only yours is necessary really. That's what we did.

b) Where they query 'shared financial responsibilities', I've detailed our outgoing payments from our joint account. Do I need to note how much/month against each item or just saying 'mortgage payment, energy and water bills, council tax' etc is enough?

Yes bills is enough, with perhaps evidence of an example. Or if you have a child, that could be a shared responsibility. that's what we quoted - along with her birth cert.

c) I've paid both IHS and visa + appointment fees already - do I need to complete payment page or just leave blank?

No leave blank.

d) Can you direct me towards where I can find my BRP number? Is it on the top right of the permit?

Not sure. my wife applied first stage abroad, and did not get a biometric card. Sorry.. hope someone else can guide you better.

e) Total time in the UK - I've been here since 2009, first on a student visa, then a PSW and my last visa was the FLR(M) - just under 6 years in total. I'm assuming they want the total duration?

I would assume so, but again my wife applied from abroad for first stage. so was just 2.5 yrs at time of application.

Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to your advice and thanks so much in advance :)
Hope some of the answers helped!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Nyclon! Been browsing the posts and so helpful to know that staples/clips/marking is a no-no because I was about to start on that tomorrow! Just a few more follow-up questions if I could please (appointment is this Wednesday so getting a bit panicky now)

All questions related to premium appointments:

- Do we need a cover letter?
- Do I need to include a P60 if I'm applying on Cat A? I am including 6 months' payslips (stamped and signed) + letter from my director on headed paper.
- I remember we had to include photos for my first application (wedding etc.). Do we need to include photos for round two?
- We've just bought a house - is it ok to include mortgage letter from the bank only or do we need other documents (title deeds etc.)?
- Documents over 2.5 years - We've included council tax bills, joint account, and a Swalec bill - do I need more variety or is this enough? I've got 3 from each year (2013, 2014, 2015) - is that too much?
- Where we met: The last time I went into the details ie. name of restaurant where we first met. I'm thinking that may be too much - would 'Cardiff' suffice?

Think that's all for now. I'll post my doc checklist tomorrow if that's ok, and let you all know how it went of course!

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
You don't need a cover letter
You should include the P60
Yes, 10-15 photos just in case although they are most focused on financial info at in person appointments
You can get a land registry doc on line for £3.
You need 6 documents each whether joint or separate. You should have a selection and should 6 different docs spread out over the past 2.5 years.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Nyclon! I've purchased the land registry doc :)

6 documents each - does that total 12 even if we have 6 documents from three sources in joint names? Sorry if I sound daft, just double checking.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Can i use joint car insurance and a laat year p60 as a document that we are living together.
These documents may not be considered evidence of living together as they can be sent to an accommodation address. From previous posts the "Tenancy" you both enjoy needs to be secured in Joint Names this can then fill one of the documents needed. Others to produce are Utilty accounts, Council Tax in both names. These can then be supplemented with Bank Statements( which you will need anyway) etc
If the property you both Occupy is in Multiple Occupation, a Survey will be required and submitted with your application.

·
Registered
120 Posts
These documents may not be considered evidence of living together as they can be sent to an accommodation address. From previous posts the "Tenancy" you both enjoy needs to be secured in Joint Names this can then fill one of the documents needed. Others to produce are Utilty accounts, Council Tax in both names. These can then be supplemented with Bank Statements( which you will need anyway) etc
If the property you both Occupy is in Multiple Occupation, a Survey will be required and submitted with your application.
I arranged property inspection report in first week of January and i will get a letter from owner.as my company own this flat.But im not sure about tenancy agreement.
There are two copies of tenancy agreement both are same.both shows agreement is for room no 1.
Only difference is our names and signatures.
They told us they don't issue joint agreement as this is the way they sort out documents in office.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I arranged property inspection report in first week of January and i will get a letter from owner.as my company own this flat.But im not sure about tenancy agreement.
There are two copies of tenancy agreement both are same.both shows agreement is for room no 1.
They told us they don't issue joint agreement as this is the way they sort out documents in office.
Are you sure a joint car insurance cant be used? i have included one in our application

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
This post indicates You own the Flat! Is this correct?

If you have some kind of Written Service ( Work ) Occupancy agreement, it does need to be confirmed. Your Occupancy needs to be shown as secure in a Legal Document.
Service Occupancy Agreements are notorious and usually do not give the level of security a proper Tenancy does convey.

Landlords are now required to know who lives in their property. The survey in January is good and that will be helpful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.