Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we are again!

I go for my premium service appointment to renew my FLR(M) in 2 weeks and this forum has been a lifesaver, as always. :grouphug: But I still have a few queries about correspondence! A bit of background:

- I entered the UK in July 2015 on a fiancée visa and began living with my husband at our current address.
- I married my husband, who is a UK citizen, in August 2015.
- I transitioned to my current FLR(M) in October 2015.
- My FLR(M) expires in April 2018.

My husband and I only have 3 pieces of correspondence in joint names - council tax bills. These are dated:

- July 2015
- March 2016
- March 2017

I am aware Note 11 states: "Six items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together up to a maximum of two years...For example - Four items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and two items addressed to each partner at the address. In total eight items would need to be submitted. If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit twelve items (six each) of correspondence, evidencing that you reside together at the same address."

1) Will it be a problem that the first council tax bill dated July 2015 is clearly over the "maximum of two years"?

2) As we only have 3 pieces of correspondence in joint names, how many pieces of correspondence in individual names would need to be submitted to supplement those? I am getting confused on whether it should be a further 3 in individual names (to total 6) or a further 6 in individual names (to total 9) or a further 9 in individual names (to total 12).

3) Should correspondence be spread out evenly from the date I entered the country on my fiancée visa in July 2015 or from the date I transitioned to my current FLR(M) in October 2015?

Many thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
It isn't a maximum of 2 years, you should show correspondence evidence since the beginning of your first period of leave as a spouse - The date you received FLR(M) - So from October 2015 to present

If you have 3 joint, you will need an additional 3 each, addressed individually - total of 9 (3 joint + 6 individual, 3 from each partner)

Reactions: texasbrit

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It isn't a maximum of 2 years, you should show correspondence evidence since the beginning of your first period of leave as a spouse - The date you received FLR(M) - So from October 2015 to present

If you have 3 joint, you will need an additional 3 each, addressed individually - total of 9 (3 joint + 6 individual, 3 from each partner)
Cheers, clever-octopus!

You have definitely have cleared up my confusion. So safe to say that the July 2015 council tax bill in joint names should not be included in my application if I am going from October 2015...or can it?

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
You can include anything you wish, but they're only looking for October onward. If you don't have much else toward the beginning of your FLR(M) and choose to send it, will they ignore it outright? Probably not...

Reactions: texasbrit
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.