Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Completing the FLR (M) application form we are a bit stuck on Section 7A Financial requirement. We are using my wife's (applicants) income which is currently £27,000. She received a pay rise 3 months ago, when her income was £24,000 for over a year beforehand. She has been with the same employer in the same role through the entire period.

The issue is that in the application from under the box in 7.3A on page 28 (iii) asks whether you have been with the same employer and received the amount specified in (xiv) continuously for the 6 months prior to application, which is obviously no as in box (xiv) we have recorded the £27,000 current salary. The next box (iv) than asks if you answered no in (iv) have you been in other employment in 12 months prior other than current employment, which again we have to answer no. The worry is that the way we have to answer these questions suggests we do not meet the financial requirements for the previous 6 months, though even before the pay rise the level required for the visa was met.

My explanation here may seem somewhat confusing, but I was hoping to hear from anybody with experience of the situation and who can offer advice as to how to complete this section in our circumstances.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
What you should do, if she is in salaried job (as she appears to be), is to declare £24,000 as her annual income calculated from her last 6-month pay, by taking the lowest (pre-increase) payment as the base. So you kind of ignore the pay rise, as she still comfortably exceeds £18,600 and this is in fact how income from salaried job is calculated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Joppa. She is in a salaried job but I want to check that this would be still under cat A in income and not cat B? Is there also not potential for confusion when the person checking the documents clearly sees she is paid more than declared?

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
What Joppa said is exactly what we did very recently. We showed payslips from the six months between December-June and my husband got a pay rise in January. We stated his pre-raise pay for the application (still over £18,600) and also included the pay rise letter.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No. The way income from salaried job is calculated is they take the lowest pay received in the last 6 months and use it as a basis. So no, they won't get confused to see different pay levels over that period.

·
Registered
68 Posts
No. The way income from salaried job is calculated is they take the lowest pay received in the last 6 months and use it as a basis. So no, they won't get confused to see different pay levels over that period.
Hi Joppa

I am in a similar situation. I had a pay rise in February. I was on £41K salary before February and from February I am on £42K for example.

In the application I answered the questions as follows:

3.11 What is your sponsor’s annual income from this employment before tax?
£42K

3.12 Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above,

continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)
YES

Will this be okay because my income has always been above £18,600?

Kind Regards

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
To be accurate, you should put pre-increase income, as your pay rise happened during the 6-month period you are submitting. Interpret the words 'annual income' in 3.11 to mean the minimum annual income you were earning based on the lowest monthly pay during that period, as this is how annual income is calculated for salaried job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.