Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have few questions about filling the Financial Requirement Fields on FLR(M).

I explain my situation briefly:

I am a freelance photographer (sole-trader) and last financial Year (5th April 2012-6th April 2013), I earned £6525 (Profit).

My Partner, work as a teaching assistant.

From September 2011-September 2012, she was on a part-time contract. (£10,964 Salary)

From September 2012-September 2013 she was promoted to a full-time contract (£14977 Salary)

And from September 2013 she has been offered a permanent full-time contract (Salary to be confirmed but it is around £15000)

My Partner's End of Year Certificate (P60) for 2012-2013 financial year is £12590

As I am combining my partners Salary with my self-employment earnings, Do I need to combine my earnings of £6525 + my partners earning of £12590 (according to her P60 for the same period)?

Also in section 7.3: Income from salary employment (Partner) , Current annual Salary Box, should I put my partner's new salary according to her new contract or her earnings according to P60 for last financial year?

7.3A (V) What date your sponser commence their current employment?

is this from September 2011, or september 2013? (As my partner has been on 3 different contracts with the same employer)

7.3 (xiv) What is your sponsor's annual income from their employment before tax?

again, do I need to put her new salary or her salary in the last financial year (According to p60)?

Finally, 7.3B (b) does your/your sponsor's combined self employment earnings in the last financial year equal or exceed the financial requirement you must meet?

Would the answer be yes? (My partners earning in the last financial year, £12590 + my earnings from self employment £6525 = £19115 or am I doing this wrong?)

Sorry this quite long but I really appreciate any answers to the questions above.

Thanks

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
Please don't double post. I know you didn't receive any reply to yesterday's post, but you could have just topped it with a message such as 'Please can anyone help me' or something.

Meeting the financial requirement including self-employment is complicated and a different set of rules apply. Your earnings during the full financial year must be combined with your partner's earning during the same period, i.e. whatever is on her P60 for 2012-13. So all the questions about income etc refer to that period and not the current one.
State when she first started working for this employer.
Since self-employment pre-tax profit alone doesn't meet the requirement, answer no.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.