Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Applying for FLR-M to extend a Spouse visa.

Can someone help with the following two questions in the screenshots below as I am unsure of the correct answers:

Question 2.2 - is the answer Yes or No.

No this is not the first time I have applied for a visa. BUT Yes it is the first time applying for an extension. Both answers seem right, that's why I am confused whether to tick Yes or No.

Question 2.3 - which box to tick?

Also how do I proof adequate maintenance ? I've completed Section 7B.

Other than these 3 questions, I've completed the rest of the form.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Joppa and anyone else, when you have a few moments, please assist with the questions above, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,185 Posts
Please have some patience... it's Sunday afternoon and you posted 2.5 hours ago.

Someone will answer you as soon as they're able.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi, I am also waiting for some answers for my situation but regarding the form:

I've ticked first box in 2.1
2.2. I've put NO as I've applied as a fiance and spouse which are visas relying on the same sponsor. As you've already applied for your previous spouse visa you should select NO as well.
2.3. I was advised here to tick Second leave.

I can't advise on the last one as we haven't completed 7B, not sure what your circumstances are. Hopefully someone else will give you advice.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
2.2 - Read the question carefully, it asks if it is your first time applying for a visa OR extension of leave. You have applied for a spouse visa before. So the answer clearly is "No".

2.3 is "Second period of leave to remain following initial leave to remain as a partner of a settled person..." (3rd checkbox)

Reactions: hippoman

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2.2 - Read the question carefully, it asks if it is your first time applying for a visa OR extension of leave. You have applied for a spouse visa before. So the answer clearly is "No".

2.3 is "Second period of leave to remain following initial leave to remain as a partner of a settled person..." (3rd checkbox)
Thanks a lot!

Can you just explain why for 2.3 the 3rd option is correct and not the first option? Because it mentions "initial period of entry clearance", isn't this what the spouse visa was?

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Sorry, I read your post wrong - It should be the first option if you entered the UK on a spouse visa.

The third option would be, for instance, if you were in the UK on another visa before applying for leave to remain as a spouse.

Reactions: Whatshouldwedo

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, I read your post wrong - It should be the first option if you entered the UK on a spouse visa.

The third option would be, for instance, if you were in the UK on another visa before applying for leave to remain as a spouse.
In the link below Joppa is saying it's the Second period.
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/britain-expat-forum-expats-living-uk/973106-flr-m-form-help.html

And in this link Joppa is agreeing that it's the First period.
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/br...-puzzled-about-flr-m-questions-2-2-2-3-a.html

So I'm still confused.

Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
It is 'No' for the first question and the first option in 2.3 if you came in on a spousal visa, when you were given leave to enter, not to remain. Both questions have been a problem for all of us and I don't think a visa would be refused if one gives the 'wrong' answer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.