Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I will be applying for my FLR(M) this August and have a question about applying under Category A. My husband has been working for a company (Staples) for just over a year. Back in March Staples was bought by Office Outlet and has since changed it's name and ownership but retained all of their staff. Does this mean that my husband started working at a new company when Office Outlet took over meaning we couldn't apply under category A (the same employer for 6 months)? I don't believe we qualify under Category B so I am getting nervous. His March payslip says Staples but the rest do not.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
It does depend on individual circumstances, but under TUPE rules, his employment contract is automatically transferred to the new employer and his employment continues: https://www.gov.uk/transfers-takeovers
So if this applies, he can regard his employment as continuing under the new employer. He may want to attach a letter from his new employer verifying this, so that you can apply under Cat A. Or it may be possible to apply under Cat B.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.