Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

My wife is applying for FLR(M) and I (as sponsor) want to verify couple of question that we need to fill in:

3.16 If your sponsor was not British from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement?

Should I put the date for my ILR or naturalisation?

3.17 On what basis did your sponsor obtain settlement in the UK?

I came to UK when I was 12 years old with my family as a dependent from my father (He had a job in UK). Then we lived in UK for more than 7 years until our whole family got ILR, I was studying throughout all this time. Is that sufficient?

Thanks,
yy_kk

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
3.16 Look at the question. It asks about settlement. So when did you obtain settlement?
3.17 Settlement as family dependant .

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Joppa :)

I got my ILR in Nov 2002 and naturalisation in Jan 2006. Is ILR considered settlement?
I can't remember why I waited this long for naturalisation though.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 Of course.
Perhaps you were young and your parents just did a family application?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wasn't aware back then, everything were done through my uncle who hired a solicitor that handle our case. I was studying in university at the time when I got my ILR.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, I may have more questions as related to FLR(M) for my wife in the next couple of weeks if I don't already find the answers here.

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for your reply Joppa :)

I got my ILR in Nov 2002 and naturalisation in Jan 2006. Is ILR considered settlement?
I can't remember why I waited this long for naturalisation though.
so.one needs to mention the date they got ILR? what if it was based on 10 year route? what should they mention in that case ?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Even on the 10 year route, 'settlement' is still the date you received ILR. ILR is a prerequisite for naturalisation

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree. but 3.17 asks on what basis were you granted ILR. this can one answer 'under 10 year route'. is that the answer they're looking for ?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Yes, and under what basis (partner, parent)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.