Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm applying to extend my spouse visa soon, but not sure which category to select (at question 2.3). I'd go for the first option, but I don't know what the 6 months at the end is for. Otherwise option 3?

2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

- First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, or as a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months).

- You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/remain as a partner of a settled person, or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection or a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of a settled person or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection.

- Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain as a partner of a settled person or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, or as a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of a settled person).

- Further period of leave following a previous grant of leave to remain as a partner of a settled person or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, as a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

·
Registered
228 Posts
- First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, or as a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months).
The six months is for the fiancé visa. I've broken up the paragraph for you below.

- First period of leave to remain
following an initial period of entry clearance as;

1. a partner of a settled person,
  2. or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection,
  3. or as a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of settled person,
  4. or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e)
  5. or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months

·
Registered
228 Posts
Actually 4 & 5 belong together as no comma before the last "or"

1. a partner of a settled person,
  2. or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection,
  3. or as a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of settled person,
  4. or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.