Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Applying in person in a few weeks for my first flr m visa and am confused by the question asking for previous addresses if you haven't been in your current residence for 2 years.

My husband and I moved to where we are now at the end of last November.

Prior to that, it's a bit complicated... I'll try and explain.

So, basically we previously lived in a small town, where we lived together in a caravan and had no "real" address. We just kept our addresses as the places we'd been staying previously in the town (we didn't live together before this). We then moved to our current city, but prior to finding our own place we stayed at a friends for a month and then in an AirBnB for a month. I'm not sure it's even worth saying we lived together before our current place as there's really no way to prove we actually did.
But in any case, what addresses do I need to provide on the form? It doesn't seem to give space to account for couples who may have been living separately?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Are you already here on a spouse visa?

Problem is, you do need to prove that you have been cohabiting since getting the initial leave. So it is definitely going to be an issue if you do not have anything to prove this, before last November.

It will help if you tell us what your current visa is based on? Are you currently on your initial leave as a spouse or are you here on a different visa?

·
Registered
924 Posts
For example- I got my spouse visa in November 2014, and we have been cohabiting since then. I have just applied for my FLR (M) , (second leave as spouse) and a large part of the application was proving that we have lived together since receiving my first visa.

In order to prove this, we have had to submit official correspondence to the same address, dating from Nov 2014 to Present (May 2017).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you already here on a spouse visa?

Problem is, you do need to prove that you have been cohabiting since getting the initial leave. So it is definitely going to be an issue if you do not have anything to prove this, before last November.

It will help if you tell us what your current visa is based on? Are you currently on your initial leave as a spouse or are you here on a different visa?
Thanks so much for getting back to me!

Sorry, I wasn't very clear with that - I'm actually here on a Tier 5 YMS visa at the moment.

From what I've gathered through other posts on here, I don't have to prove co-habitation except for after we tied the knot? (Thankfully we'd moved into our current place before we got married).

It's just the question asking for previous addresses that's stumped me. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but any insight or advice would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Aah yes, in your case, you only need prove cohabitation from after your wedding day.

Just put in your previous 'official' addresses in the previous address section. The ones your mail etc went to. You will only need to put yours in, as the applicant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.