Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
We got married this week, and have just started filling in the FLR(M) form for my wife's Spouse Visa. We are using all the existing docs from her Fiance Visa, but will be updating payslips, bank statements, employer letter etc.
We decided to use the Postal option, because it is £400 cheaper and current wait times seem reasonable at only 1-2 months.

The first page has already stumped us. In 1.4 it asks for FULL her name as written in passport, which is fine. But then in 1.5 it simply asks surname or family name?
Does she put my surname? Married (surname) name, or her name before getting married? I assume she puts my surname?

Q 5.3 - In what category were you issued a visa?

Do we put "Fiance Visa", or do we put as it appears in her passport "Visa Marriage/CP" ?

Q6.5 Asks "How do you keep in touch with your sponsor"?

Do we simply put we live together?

And, I have no idea what we should put for this question...
6.33 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
We got married this week, and have just started filling in the FLR(M) form for my wife's Spouse Visa. We are using all the existing docs from her Fiance Visa, but will be updating payslips, bank statements, employer letter etc.
We decided to use the Postal option, because it is £400 cheaper and current wait times seem reasonable at only 1-2 months.

The first page has already stumped us. In 1.4 it asks for FULL her name as written in passport, which is fine. But then in 1.5 it simply asks surname or family name?
Does she put my surname? Married (surname) name, or her name before getting married? I assume she puts my surname?
In 1.4 put down your full name as appears in your passport.
In 1.5, put down only your surname. This is because some nationalities have multiple names, often their father's surname followed by their mother's, so they want to know what your surname is.

Q 5.3 - In what category were you issued a visa?

Do we put "Fiance Visa", or do we put as it appears in her passport "Visa Marriage/CP" ?
Either. They will understand.

Q6.5 Asks "How do you keep in touch with your sponsor"?

Do we simply put we live together?
Or cohabiting.

And, I have no idea what we should put for this question...
6.33 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?
Such as joint bank account, joint wills, joint investment, joint life insurance etc.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joppa, but I am confused by your reply for what to put in 1.5 for her surname in her application. Should she put her old surname or her new surname (recently married surname?

Also, I know when we put in her Fiance visa we "photocopied" everything to send to UKBA in Russia! There is no mention of photocopying anything in the FLR(M) guidance notes.
Do the UK based agency need these photocopies?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It relates to your passport name, so your surname as it appears in your passport.

If you are applying by post, copy for everything you want returned.
If you are doing an in-person application, you can just take originals and they will copy whatever they wish to keep (not a lot), or you can save everyone's time by doing as in postal application.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much Joppa.
We have decided to save the £400 by making a postal application.
Are processing times still currently 1-2 months?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joppa, I'm going to list a final list of our supporting documents that we will provide for my wife's Spouse Visa application which we will post soon, but we have decided not to write supporting letters with this application, as we did for her Fiance visa. Do you think these introduction/sponsor/applicant letters are important? I've noticed many people have not included them in their lists.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
The case worker probably won't read them but if there is anything you'd want to explain, such as unusual circumstances, you can do so in the form of a letter.

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
Joppa, I'm going to list a final list of our supporting documents that we will provide for my wife's Spouse Visa application which we will post soon, but we have decided not to write supporting letters with this application, as we did for her Fiance visa. Do you think these introduction/sponsor/applicant letters are important? I've noticed many people have not included them in their lists.
Yes, they are important and need to be included.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is a list of what we're including in my wife's Spouse Visa application (postal)...
I assume they take payment from my card details on the application form on the day it arrives in Durham?

FLR(M) form (51 pages) filled in.
1. Passports
2. Applicant birth certf.
3. Marriage Certf.
4. Sponsor's 6 Months Bank statements
5. Sponsor's Employer letter
6. Sponsor's 6 months payslips & verification letter from accounts manager
7. Sponsor's Employment contract
8. Sponsor's P60 certf.
9. Tenancy Agreement with photos
10. Letting Agent/LAndlord letter
11. Applicant English Test Certf.
12. Joint account statement
13. Divorce certf. 2013
14. Divorce certf. 1998
15. Wedding Ceremony booking and photographs from wedding/relationship
16. Utility bills - Council Tax and Water
17. Viber calls & Mailbox screenshots etc
18. Whats App history
19. Flight/Hotel bookings
20. Sponsor personal letter
21. Applicant personal letter
22. Receipts from Wedding rings
23. Appraisal from Engagement ring

We hope this will be okay?
Verification etc would be much appreciated. :)
Will post via DHL tomorrow.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Joppa.
Do they send details of her Biometric appointment soon after application is received?
...And I assume they take payment from my card details on the application form on the day it arrives in Durham? Or do they do it a week, 2 weeks after arrival?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You should get biometric appointment letter fairly soon. May have to wait a few weeks if they are busy. Run-up to Christmas always increases the number of applications, as people want to get things sorted before the festive seasons.
Usually fees money taken a few days after, by a commercial firm contracted to Home Office.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How much extra is the Biometric component of the application? It does not say in the FLR(M) or guidance notes as far as I can see? And is there a list of places (Post Offices) somewhere which list where Biometrics may be taken?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does anybody know which is the best method for sending FLR(M) applications via post to Durham? I just tried to book collection on DHL because I want to ensure this precious cargo arrives safely, but they ask for a full name/contact name and telephone number for recipient of Express delivery, but UKBA do not provide this? Please anybody? Was hoping to post this today?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmmmm, it seems DHL cannot deliver to PO Boxes, so will have to go to Post Office and ask? I had heard bad reports about Royal Mail losing precious documents and would have preferred to use a courier.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.