Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi hope everyone is well...........

I know its way too early to ask but its really playing with my head and stressing me out....

As some of you might already know from my previous post my wife was issued with the spouse visa on 18/06/2013 :) but didnt enter the UK until 9/9/2013 due to miscomunication on the embassys behalf therfore missing out on her 3 months grace period :(

I understnad that she needs to be in the UK for a minimum of 30 months in order to be able to apply for FLR(M) and the earliest she can apply is 28 days before she completes the 30 months....

My worry is due to her late entry to the uk the earliest she can apply for the FLR(M) will be approx 28days before her current visa is due to expire and postal applications can take upto 6 months for a decition...

would that be considered as over staying her visa?

because she'll be waiting for a reply on an expired visa once the 28days are up...

her visa expires on 18/03/2016.

please help....and thank you in advanced...

·
Super Moderator
18,067 Posts
Hi hope everyone is well...........

I know its way too early to ask but its really playing with my head and stressing me out....

As some of you might already know from my previous post my wife was issued with the spouse visa on 18/06/2013 :) but didnt enter the UK until 9/9/2013 due to miscomunication on the embassys behalf therfore missing out on her 3 months grace period :(
The reason the visa is issued for 33 months is to give you time to wrap up your affairs and organise your move. The earlier you enter, the sooner to achieve your 30 months of residency and the sooner you can apply for FLR. As your wife entered with 30 months left on her visa, she's on track and it's not a big deal.

I understnad that she needs to be in the UK for a minimum of 30 months in order to be able to apply for FLR(M) and the earliest she can apply is 28 days before she completes the 30 months....

My worry is due to her late entry to the uk the earliest she can apply for the FLR(M) will be approx 28days before her current visa is due to expire and postal applications can take upto 6 months for a decition...

would that be considered as over staying her visa?

because she'll be waiting for a reply on an expired visa once the 28days are up...

her visa expires on 18/03/2016.
She can apply 28 days before the anniversary of her arriving and living in the UK. Obviously, if you can manage an in person appointment your visa will usually be decided on the day. If you apply by post the terms of your previous visa remain in effect while your application is decided.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.