Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checking out the gov website for my pending FLR(M) application (next year), I am a bit confused about the options of either filling out a paper form or the online version. It seems the choice is mine?

Any suggestions on benefits or not of filling out the online or paper version?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of premium service?

Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes, you can choose to fill in the online form or the one you print off( paper version)

The premium appointment cost extra, but most of the time you will get your decision on the day of the appointment, so I think it is worth it. I am due to go for my appointment later this month and since I will be joined by my husband, we will both be there in case they want to ask us any questions.

Reactions: KristenJune

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you can choose to fill in the online form or the one you print off( paper version)

The premium appointment cost extra, but most of the time you will get your decision on the day of the appointment, so I think it is worth it. I am due to go for my appointment later this month and since I will be joined by my husband, we will both be there in case they want to ask us any questions.
Thanks for your reply.

So it can be online or paper version for premium appointments?

Are they the same questions, is one easier to complete than the other?

Good luck with your appointment:nod:

·
Registered
474 Posts
No, online is different and more complicated than the paper one. And also has tricky questions like 'would you be able to live outside the UK' etc.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
From what I understand, the questions are slightly different. We used the paper form as the online one had only just been introduced. It is difficult to give advice on the online form because only applicants can see the form, whereas the paper form is available for anyone to see and advise. I understand too that the online form can be a bit glitchy. I would advise using the paper form though posters who have already applied using the online form may advise otherwise!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I agree that phrasing of the questions may be different online to the paper version, I chose the paper one simply because it made the booking appointment and paying all the fees a bit easier for me, because the appointment date is seen as the application date with premium appointment and I wanted to secure an appointment before I was able to complete the form, so it bought me extra time.

From what I remember if you use the online form, you can only pay and book appointment once you have filled in the online form..

Thanks for your good wishes, am really nervous..

Reactions: ithinkin

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did the paper one because I'd seen mentioned on the forum that the online one is more difficult. I went for a premium appointment so I could have a decision the same day and then be able to relax. I received my new BRP today, just under a week from my appointment. For me I definitely considered it worth the extra cost.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Couple more questions

1.I arrived in UK on 10th June 2016 so my understanding is the earliest I can apply for FLR is 30 months less 28 days, therefore November 12th .....have I got this right?

2.Do I need to wait until November 12th before I can book a premium appointment or can I book it before?

3. If there is an issue with my application on the day of the premium appointment and it means an appeal, do I have until the expiration of my 33 month visa or would I have to leave the UK immediately to make any appeal overseas?

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.