Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am trying to understand the relationship between the following questions:

Section 3 (Sponsor Details)- Q3.9 How Long has your sponsor been living in the UK?
Section 5 (Immigration History)- Q.5.3 - When did you Enter the UK?
Section 6 (Relationship) - Q.6.7 When did you start living together?
Section 13 (Documents) - Note 11 for relationship documents covering a period of unto 2 years

In our case, we started living together in 2008, married in the UK in 2009 and then moved overseas for work in 2011. During this time I held a spouse visa which expired in mid-2011. My Spouse/sponsor was born i the UK and we have lived together in the UK since we moved back here in September 2015 (i'm currently in the UK on a Tier-4 visa). We started living here again since we moved back a year ago. We cannot provide sufficient amount of documents as required by the guidance for the period before September 2015.

I understand from other threads that this form is quite broad and not always very clear and includes questions that apply to circumstances such as unmarried partners. I also got the impression from one of the threads that the 2 year requirement is not applicable to those who can show that they are already married.

Does the following response to the above questions seem appropriate?

Section 3 (Sponsor Details)- Q3.9 How Long has your sponsor been living in the UK? --> Born in the UK; Moved back in September 2015
Section 5 (Immigration History)- Q.5.3 - When did you Enter the UK? --> September 2015
Section 6 (Relationship) - Q.6.7 When did you start living together? --> 2008

I'd very much appreciate some help on this. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Your answers look fine. For the first, if you have room, you could write something like "lived in the UK birth to 2011; returned September 2015" or something (to clarify his connection to the UK), but since it doesn't affect eligibility at all I don't suppose it matters.

Married couples don't have to have lived together for two years to be granted the visa (e.g. the recently married) BUT in your case you have lived together for over two years so you are still expected to evidence it with the listed documents.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your answers look fine. For the first, if you have room, you could write something like "lived in the UK birth to 2011; returned September 2015" or something (to clarify his connection to the UK), but since it doesn't affect eligibility at all I don't suppose it matters.

Married couples don't have to have lived together for two years to be granted the visa (e.g. the recently married) BUT in your case you have lived together for over two years so you are still expected to evidence it with the listed documents.
Thank you dinosaur_alley. The difficulty comes with the type documentation for the year before Sep 2015 while we were not living in the UK. All we can show are photographs and corresponding stamps on our passports.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you can't get any documentation from that time, all you can do is include as close to the requirement as possible, and as it mentions in the form, enclose a letter explaining why you can't provide everything they've asked for. They do have leniency to grant visas in this situation, though obviously nobody on the internet can tell you 100% whether yours specifically will be granted.

So include the right evidence for the period Sept 2015 - now. Obviously the fact that you were not in the UK before that does not, in itself, mean you couldn't provide the documentation, so write in your letter whatever the reasons were (living in a country where bills are not usually formal? binned everything mistakenly when you moved? whatever it is).

When my husband switched Tier 4 -> FLR(M), we had been cohabiting approximately 13 months, and we couldn't evidence the 4 months at the start of this cohabitation. They asked for further evidence for the end period of our cohabitation (were surprisingly picky) but his visa was granted, so I guess our explanation and circumstances were enough for this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.