Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could please advise me.

My husbands is American and living in the UK on a 2.5 year spouse visa. We are currently preparing his FLR (m) visa application.

We live in a house owned by my parents, but they do not live in it. It actually used to be my grandparents house. We pay rent but do not have a formal rent book or tenancy agreement given that it is a family owned property.

Would you suggest that we say we do not pay rent in our application in this case? Or state that we do, but do not supply a rent book / tenancy agreement.

Moreover, we are submitting a utility bill in my parent's name (before we moved in) and an official land registry copy we ordered. is this sufficient? Is it also enough for my parents to write a letter stating no one else lives there and thus it is not over crowded?

Any advice welcome!
Thank you.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Letter from parents, and a title deed/land registry or mortgage statement to show that they own the property. I would suggest you also include a council tax statement or recent utility bill in either your or your husband's name to show that you are currently occupying the property. There's no need to include a property inspection report if it's just you and your husband living there. You don't need to mention rent, it's not really important.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.