Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Would be much appreciated if anybody could help.

My wife will be looking to renew her flr(m) visa shortly, but have a query.

About 9 months into the visa my wife accepted a job in Lincoln ( we were living in Reading) and lived there for about 5 months until I moved up there.
We still keep correspondence (eg. bank statements) going to our Reading address (which was my mum's house)- which was viewed as her main address and saw each other at weekends, although it was generally me going to Lincoln, do you think this will be a problem.

Also in the application form, where it asks have we been living together permanently do you think I should tick 'No' or 'Yes', or 'Yes', but give an explanation of the situation?

Let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks,
Neil

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi,

Your wife was living up there in Lincoln due to work commitment - it's not regarded as living separately. So the answer would be 'yes' and don't give any explanations.

Reactions: hobbitlife

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Yes, you have still been living together permanently. Temporary situations like these are common, but the most important thing is that you have been maintaining a home together, as evidenced by your correspondence. I agree that I would not even make mention of this.

Reactions: hobbitlife

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your help. Apologies for the late reply.

I'm just a little concerned, for example that my wife's contract says we started work in Lincoln, but she is living in Reading - will that make the ECO suspicious?
Do you think I should include things such as train tickets, phone bills, facebook conversations for this period?

Thank you,
Neil

·
Registered
327 Posts
When we recently applied for my wife's FLR(M), my job was located 150 miles away in London. Didn't mention anything, as I only worked in London during the week and spent the weekends in Sheffield. We got the visa no problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.