Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, last minute panic, we have our appointment early next week and worried I might of made a massive mistake.

I was paid and received my pay slip from work yesterday(Friday 30th) and went to the bank, They told me I can't get my official bank statement showing they payment came in for a few weeks but would print out the transaction for that day that shows it.

I asked if they would stamp and sign it but I was told 'this is something they do all the time and it would not be valid', they stamped it in the end after asking again but wouldn't sign it (though this is something I had no problems with them doing before in the past).

It's shattered any confidence I've had. Would the transaction print out just stamped from the bank be enough? Super super worried now:eek:

·
Registered
315 Posts
I believe a translation list (assuming it's on normal paper rather than an advice slip) that has the official bank stamp is sufficient. It doesn't require signing, the stamp is the important aspect. Have a search on this forum, other's have used similar in the past.

Does the transaction list go back until your previous statement? We did this just incase our bank statements didn't arrive in time (they did in the end) and Barclays just stamped it.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
The transaction list as fine, banks can't give statements until the full month has ended.

It needs to be stamped OR signed, it doesn't need to be both.

Reactions: rivercity

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, feel more reassured now, I went to a different branch of my bank this morning, the people there were a lot more understanding. I found another thread here with a similar problem from January this year. Feeling easier now:) I'll let you all know how it goes for us.

One thing, should i include my other bank statements not related to were my salary is paid too for good measure and my saving accounts etc covering the last 6 months too, (were relying on route A) or would this be too much or unnecessary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.